Pet Food Dish Ideas

Choosing the best dish for your pet's food and water depends on the kind of pet and their own special behaviors. This is a page about pet food dish ideas.

Consider using stainless steel bowls for you pet's food and water. There are several advantages to this type of bowl. Stainless steel is just that, it will not corrode or tarnish. It also does not absorb odors as a plastic bowl can. It will not break. They are also easy to wash and sanitize, either by hand or in the dishwasher. An added benefit is that steel bowls are a great alternative if your pet is allergic to plastic, as many cats are. You can even find old stainless mixing bowls at the thrift store and save money on your purchase.

Years ago, I had a dog who would get repeated staph infections, including one on her chin. My vet told me that plastic dog dishes can harbor staph bacteria and I switched to stainless steel dishes.

She never had another infection and I have since only used stainless for all my dogs.

Pets AdviceSeptember 21, 2013
🎃
🌻
🎂