CupcakesCakes

Piñata Cupcakes

Take a bite, and a sweet filling comes out! This was a big hit at my granddaughter's birthday party. I doubled the recipe to make 48 cupcakes. You could use your own homemade batter and frosting, too.

Prep Time: 35 minutes

Cook Time: 20 minutes

Total Time: 55 minutes

Yield: 24

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 muffin cups.
  2. Prepare the cake mix using the water, oil and eggs according to the package directions.
  3. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
  4. Combine the mini M&Ms, mini chocolate chips and 1/4 cup of the rainbow sprinkles in a bowl.
  5. Core the cupcakes with either a knife or a cupcake corer. Leave 1/2-inch border. Reserve the core. You can use a knife, or a special corer sold for this purpose.
  6. Fill each cupcake hole with about 2 tsp. of the candy mixture.
  7. Replace the core. You may have to cut in half so it fits in. I found if I just pressed it down it fit in. If it sticks out a little at the top, do not worry. The frosting will cover it up.
  8. Frost the cupcakes. Sprinkle the cupcakes with the remaining 1/4 cup of rainbow sprinkles.

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Cakes CupcakesAugust 29, 2019
📓
🎂
🌻