Take a bite, and a sweet filling comes out! This was a big hit at my granddaughter's birthday party. I doubled the recipe to make 48 cupcakes. You could use your own homemade batter and frosting, too.
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 box Betty Crocker Super Moist Rainbow Chip Cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup mini M&Ms
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles, divided
- 1 16 ounce container white frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 muffin cups.
- Prepare the cake mix using the water, oil and eggs according to the package directions.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Combine the mini M&Ms, mini chocolate chips and 1/4 cup of the rainbow sprinkles in a bowl.
- Core the cupcakes with either a knife or a cupcake corer. Leave 1/2-inch border. Reserve the core. You can use a knife, or a special corer sold for this purpose.
- Fill each cupcake hole with about 2 tsp. of the candy mixture.
- Replace the core. You may have to cut in half so it fits in. I found if I just pressed it down it fit in. If it sticks out a little at the top, do not worry. The frosting will cover it up.
- Frost the cupcakes. Sprinkle the cupcakes with the remaining 1/4 cup of rainbow sprinkles.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!