Pierogi Casserole Recipes
Preparing this dish as a casserole saves time over individual pasta dumplings. This page contains pierogi casserole recipes
Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.
If you love pierogies as much as I do, then you will surely enjoy this easy casserole. It is easily customizable with your favorite flavors.
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 8-12 servings
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 4 cups hot mashed potatoes (I used instant potatoes)
- 1 (10 oz.) tub Chive & Onion cream cheese
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 (80 g) pkg. real bacon bits (or turkey bacon bits)
- 2-3 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large pot, bring water to boiling and cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine mashed potatoes, 1/2 cup bacon bits, cream cheese, green onions, and 1-1 1/2 cups cheese. Mix well.
- Spray 9 x 13 inch casserole pan with non-stick spray. Lay 3 noodles in the bottom.
- Spread 1/3 of the potato mixture onto the noodles. Repeat with 2 more layers of noodles and potatoes. (Note: You will finish with a potato layer.)
- Top with remaining cheese and bacon bits.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- lasagna noodles
- instant potatoes
- cheddar cheese
Make the lasagna noodles according to the package. Use 1 box of instant potatoes. Make according to the package. Add some Cheddar Cheese in and mix until melted. Add a little extra milk that what the box called for.
Saute onions in butter. Cover the bottom of the pan with butter and onions and then just layer the noodles, potatoes and onion/butter mixture. Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes on 350 degrees F.
A pirogi for the whole family. Enjoy!
By Robin from Pittsburgh, PA
September 4, 20130 found this helpful
If you love pierogies as much as I do, then you will surely enjoy this easy casserole. It is easily customizable with your favorite flavors. View the full recipe here: Pierogi Casserole