Pizza Crust for Teething Kitten

We recently got a 3 month old kitten and he's teething. The other day, me and the hubby fixed pizza and the crust was a bit, well, rock solid sounds like a good word. Our kitten, being a curious little guy, starts sniffing my pizza so I gave him a bit of crust. He just sat there gnawing on it. So I told my hubby not to throw the crusts away. I put them in a ziplock bag and that not-so-edible crust makes a great chew stick for our little guy. He hasn't been chewing on our cords and he's stopped biting us.

It's great.

Why would you think pizza crust is good for a kitten? Maybe you should get a recommendation from a vet for a teething kitten.

By all means pizza crust is NOT good for a kitten to chew on. Not even an adult cat should have this. Pizza crust can cause pancreatitis which could swiftly kill a cat. If somehow a cat makes it through it, the poor thing could end up with chronic pancreatitis and have episodes occurring throughout the rest of its life.

I know this post is old but god forbid someone else reads this and thinks its okay to give a kitten pizza crust! Please do not do this!