Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 239 Posts
Sometimes the simplest ideas are the best and these plaited bracelets are no exception. Not only are they quick and easy to make, but the design possibilities are infinite.
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 3 long oddments of narrow ribbon , lace, cord, chain, string and/or floss
- 6 large holed beads
- Choose three lengths of ribbon, cord, etc. that are totally different to each other in type and colour. For instance, you could choose a piece of chain, a ribbon, and a cord. Or you could choose a length of string, a length of lace, and a strip of torn cotton denim.
- Tie the three pieces together loosely with a knot at one end.
- Plait them together until it is long enough to fit around your wrist with some to spare.
- Undo the original loose knot.
- Bring both ends together and tie into one large loose knot. Fit the bracelet over your hand and adjust until it fits around your wrist. You want it tight enough to stay on, but loose enough to be able to take it on and off. Tie the knot tightly and trim the ends to different lengths.
- Take six large holed beads and tie them to the loose ends.
- Experiment with different looks and styles.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.