Planning a Bachelorette Party

Category Planning
Planning this pre-wedding party for the bride-to-be can be quite a lot of fun. This is a guide about planning a bachelorette party.

Having a hen/bachelorette party? Here's a fun idea to decorate your venue. Try stringing up pretty colourful underwear around the walls instead of bunting.

I am planning a bachelorette party and a wedding shower for my sister-in-law. Of course, it is a spur of the moment decision to do this. Both parties are in the next 3 weeks. I need all the ideas I can get! I have already sent out the invitations and I am in hurry to get things done! If any of ya'll have anything that could help me I would love to hear it!

Ginger from Nashville, TN

Answers

Best Answer

My daughters planned a bachelorette party for the third daughter that began with a lingerie party. The theme of the party was retro, kind of Austin Powers looking stuff, very fun. They played games like seeing who knew the most about the couple. They all had questions that they wrote down the answers to on a sheet of paper. The questions pertained to the couple, like where did they meet?, how long before they said they loved each other, etc. Then they had a bridal scavenger hunt. they went around the neighborhood and then raced around in their cars and collected things like wedding bubbles, a rose, napkin from a restaurant, etc. Then they had a few drinks and went to a local place that was having an 80's retro night. The bride had to wear a veil that they had gotten for her. It was actually one that they had fashioned themselves from a little girl's tiara and some netting. After that they all spent the night at an apartment together.

Best Answer

The night before my sister-in-law got married, we threw her a bachelorette party. We are all fairly conservative, but also strongly believe that "what goes on in the bedroom should be fun!"....so we dressed her with a fake veil, a huge flashing ring, and a bachelorette sash and sent her around town to have pictures taken with random people. While she was out doing that with her best friend from high school and some cousins not seen for a long time, I was back at my house welcoming guests. I had strung up a clothesline in my living room, and every guest brought at least one pair of "interesting and unique underwear", she'll have enough lingerie to last for the first 3 years of her marriage! We also played a game called "pin the bow tie on the bachelor" that I found at party city. Hope this helps!

I received an incomplete guest list for an bachelorette party. Not everyone had phone and address, and some are simply "Find on Facebook". I miraculously tracked down these girls with phone calls, messages, printed invites (after personally tracking down their addresses), and even sent text messages. I created a Facebook Event as well, that every lady who is invited is a part of.

There are still 5 girls who I haven't been able to contact. I am wondering how much more effort I should put into tracking down these ladies. It is a month away, but the guest list is large (23) and has a very high cost (wine tour, hotel). I was going to try one more round of phone calls for soft RSVPs, and then send a Facebook message and hope for the best.

I want to make sure this is a great party, but I don't want to rip my hair out trying to track down her friends. Most of them I don't know (sister of the groom and a bridesmaid), and only one other bridesmaid is being any bit helpful (the MOH is a dud). My nightmare is these girls RSVPing the very last minute, and not having enough space for them!

By Rachel O from San Francisco

Answers

Best Answer

It sounds like you are a saint, and have also been taken advantage of by your brother's future wife. You have gone way beyond the call of duty and should not have to do any more. I trust the 23 have RSVP'd already and made clear if they will be attending. The latest here is not telling anyone the location of the event until they have positively RSVP'd and know you are definitely expecting them. Only then will you tell them the location of the party or event. Good manners seem to have gone out the window in so many cases.

Your brother must be very special to you to do all of this on your own. I am curious how has the bride invited all these mystery people to the wedding if she doesn't have their addresses for you?
Good Luck!

Best Answer

Who is paying for this event? If these ladies are paying their own way, it makes a bit of a difference. If you or your family is paying, insist on confirmation; there should be no such thing as "soft" RSVPs. I wouldn't put much more effort into finding the rest of the names; you have a pretty large party as it is, and undoubtedly have lots of other prep to do. As the other posters have said, contact, by phone or email with a FIRM deadline from those who have been iffy, and then after that date, politely tell latecomers, if any, that they can't be accommodated because of the nature of the party.

I am planning a family reunion, and the whole business of people not responding or saying "maybe" is driving me nuts. I count those people as a "no" response, but I have a bit of leeway for adding people. You do not want to get yourself in the situation of having to pay for people who do not show up!