Planting Elephant Ear Tubers?

I've got some elephant ear tubers and it's almost spring. I've never grown these before and I need some advice. I live in zone 7 and I've seen videos on people putting them in containers before planting them and I've read about people just putting them straight into the ground. Please can someone help? I am confused.

Best Answer

Plant after April 15, blunt end down.

Best Answer

It is easy to get confused when planting something "new" but Internet instructions are intended for people all of the country and not just in zone 7.

When doing your research always add zone 7 and you will come up with more tailored instructions.

Here are some excerpts from a site for planting in zone 7.
You can read the full article for compete instructions.

"Elephant ears should be planted in the spring after the last frost if they are to be grown as outdoor plants.

In zone 7, the last frost may be as late as May depending on region.

Give the outdoor plants a head-start by starting seeds or bulbs/tubers indoors six weeks before the date you will expect the ground to warm, and transplanting them when temperatures are consistently above freezing.

Elephant ear plants that will be grown as houseplants can be cultivated any time of year and in any part of the country. Plant them in well-drained medium such as peat or sand and keep them in a warm room.

www.hunker.com/.../when-to-plant-elephant-ear-bulbs...

Home and Garden Gardening GrowMarch 11, 2019
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Planting-Elephant-Ear-Tubers.html