AdviceGardening

Planting and Caring for a Spruce Tree

I bought a 4 foot spruce that is currently planted in a very large (cardboard) container from the tree farm. It has been on my porch for almost 2 years and I would like to plant it in my yard. Does any one have any suggestions as to type of soil it needs and care once I plant it? It has been doing great until recently. The needles started falling off one side of the tree which faces the house. I bought it 2 years ago in memory of my dad so I would like to be sure it continues to grow.

Thank you for your help.

By Debi R

If it's possible call the tree farm where you bought it or call an area nursery and talk to a professional. Tell them that it has been in a cardboard container for two years and you want to transplant it.

I would talk to a professional!