Polypropylene Bag as Dog Mattress
Recycled polypropylene bags can be stuffed with recycled newspaper or other materials and made into an inexpensive dog bed. This is a page about using a polypropylene bag as a dog mattress
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
April 23, 2017
I wanted to buy my dog a mattress for her bed, but the store versions were just too expensive. I turned an empty polypropylene bag and old newspapers into a recycled dog mattress. Very cost-effective and my dog loves it!
- empty polypropylene bag
- old newspapers
- standard scissors
- semi-circular needle
- cotton embroidery floss
Instructions for making the project:
- Wash the bag, turn it inside out, and hang to dry thoroughly.
- Turn the bag right side out before making the mattress.
- Cut the newspapers in strips.
- Separate and crumple each strip before adding it to the bag.
- Once the bag is full enough, fold down the top of the bag towards the inside.
- Use a blanket stitch to sew the bag closed.
- Use as is, or cover it with a dog blanket, which makes it easier to keep the mattress clean.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.