Ponytail Holder Made of Scrap Materials
Digging into my room to dispose of some things, I saw this bundle of garter along with some unused dresses. I detached a piece of lace from an old skirt and started to think of ways I could make use of it. I tried making a hair elastic with these scraps.
- rubber foam pieces
- threaded needle
- Loop the garter around your wrist. Cut it twice the length needed to go around your wrist and sew both ends to secure.
- Gather the two ends and sew them together. Try fitting it into your wrist again if necessary. Set aside.
- I made a tiny flower out of rubber foam clippings.
- The size of my lace is too wide so I cut them into half following the traces of its design.
- Wrap the lace around the flower.
- Attach bottom of the flower into the garter band.
- You could use it as a wristband or a ponytailer when you need to tie your hair.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!