MiscellaneousCrafts

Ponytail Holder Made of Scrap Materials

Digging into my room to dispose of some things, I saw this bundle of garter along with some unused dresses. I detached a piece of lace from an old skirt and started to think of ways I could make use of it. I tried making a hair elastic with these scraps.

1. Loop the garter around your wrist. Cut it twice the length needed to go around your wrist and sew both ends to secure.
  2. Gather the two ends and sew them together. Try fitting it into your wrist again if necessary. Set aside.
  3. I made a tiny flower out of rubber foam clippings.
  4. The size of my lace is too wide so I cut them into half following the traces of its design.
  5. Wrap the lace around the flower.
  6. Attach bottom of the flower into the garter band.
  7. You could use it as a wristband or a ponytailer when you need to tie your hair.