BreakfastRecipes

Pre Soaked Oatmeal

I have come across a lot of interesting information that indicates that the best way to eat grains is to soak them, so as to eliminate phytic acid and other undigestible agents.

I learned that soaking oatmeal was, in the past, a traditional way of cooking, to the point that it appeared on the package: "soak overnight". In our quest for convenience, the packaging lost that instruction. I am of course discussing regular rolled oats, not instant oatmeal. I believe instant oatmeal is already processed to avoid the step that the soaking requires.

Prep Time: 8 hours

Cook Time: 15 minutes

Source: https://nouveauraw.com/raw-recipes/breakfast/oats-soaking-drying/

1. Add one cup rolled oats to jar; fill at twice the level with water
  2. Ad

3. Add one tablespoon of some other grain such as wheat to help release anti-phytates. Add vinegar.
  4. Leave on counter for anything from 1 to 3 days. Some people let it sit for weeks, essentially creating a culture.
  5. When ready to eat, rinse thoroughly until water runs pretty clear.