Preserving Special T-Shirts

Do you have a t-shirt you just can't seem to give up but it has some stains or tears? Well, make it into a pillow. First cut the design or pattern from the front of the shirt into a square, then sew material that coordinates with the shirt around the center. When you have the size you like, take the back of the t-shirt if it's in good condition and make the back of the pillow, sew together and stuff. Now you have a new favorite pillow

By Brenda from Indiana PA

4 More Solutions

My grandchildren live with me, and we are always have to buy new T-shirts for them. We recycle old T-shirts with sayings and such on them, by taking a hoop that is used for sewing projects, and putting the shirt in the hoop with the part you want to show.

Use Logos from Old T-Shirts as Wall Art

Because I have six kids, we tend to pass down a lot of clothes to the next sibling. My oldest son had a special shirt he simply did NOT want to let go of. Rather than pass it down to his brother, I agreed to let him keep it.

My nephew had a Sponge Bob shirt that was too small, but he still wanted to wear it. So I made a doll with it. I designed everything on paper first then proceeded to cut everything out. You can use an existing pattern for dolls, but I chose to design it myself.

If you do not wish to frame the t-shirt and never wear it, there are some ways to try and preserve the autograph. This page offers some helpful suggestions.

Writing an autograph on a football t-shirt.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Crafts Recycled Crafts ClothingFebruary 25, 2015
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Preserving-Special-T-Shirts.html