Pressure Cooker Chicken Marsala
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
July 23, 2017
I love using my Instant Pot pressure cooker. It is so fast and doesn't heat up the kitchen in the summer. This chicken came out juicy and delicious. A sale on chicken and mushrooms this week made it very economical, too.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Source: Facebook group
- 4 chicken thighs, with skin and bones
- 4 tsp butter or oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 Tbsp diced shallots
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- garlic powder
- 3/4 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1-2 Tbsp corn starch
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Season both sides of chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Turn Instant Pot to saute and wait for it to heat. Add some oil to cover the bottom. Brown the chicken lightly.
- Remove chicken and add some more oil. Saute mushrooms, shallots, and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken back in, along with Marsala wine, stock, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Lock IP cover and switch to manual. Set to 10 minutes.
- Quick release. Remove the chicken and mushrooms. You will leave the juice in the pot.
- Take 1/2 cup of the broth out and mix with corn starch and butter. Whisk together well, then pour back into the pot with the rest of the liquid.
- Stir constantly until a thick gravy forms for about 5 minutes. Gradually add more corn starch if needed. Adjust seasoning as desired.
- Serve the chicken with mushrooms and sauce on the top. Potatoes, rice or noodles are great with the sauce, too.
Chicken simmered in a marsala wine sauce is an easy to prepare, taste tempting meal. This page contains chicken marsala recipes.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.