Chicken Marsala Recipes
Read More Comments
I love Chicken Marsala because it's really easy to make, but is so delicious it makes you come off like a pro chef in the kitchen. The chicken is soft and fluffy, and sits in a smooth, velvety cream and wine reduction sauce. This is a total crowd-pleaser! Serve as is, or with pasta.
Prep Time: 20
Cook Time: 30
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp all purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- cooking oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 8 oz Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup onions, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup Marsala wine
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Cut chicken into several long fillets and place in a bag. Pound them to flatten to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Place the flour into the bag with the chicken. Add about 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Shake bag to coat chicken evenly.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil and 1 tablespoon of butter in a large pan over medium-high heat. Place the chicken pieces into the pan. Cook for about 3 minutes per side, until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Melt the other tablespoon of butter in the pan. Add the mushrooms and cook for a few minutes, until lightly browned.
- Add the onion and garlic. Cook for a couple minutes until everything is softened. Add a couple pinches of salt.
- Add the wine, broth, heavy cream and thyme. Scrape any bits from the pan and stir well. Bring the liquid to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium.
- Boil this mixture, uncovered, for about 10 minutes. Let reduce by half, then add the chicken pieces back into the pan. Reduce heat to low and cook for a few minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste, if needed. Serve immediately.
4 More Solutions
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Using a non-stick pan, cook chicken in oil at medium high, about 3 minutes per side or until done. Remove from pan and cover with foil.Read More...
Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, dredge both sides of the chicken breasts in flour, shake off the excess flour and place in pan.Read More...
This easy version of a traditional Italian favorite is great to keep in the freezer in the event of unexpected company. Serve over linguine or fettuccine for a delicious and elegant dinner.Read More...
Delicious and easy to prepare. This is great with pasta, potatoes or rice.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.