Chicken Marsala Recipes
Chicken simmered in a marsala wine sauce is an easy to prepare, taste tempting meal. This page contains chicken marsala recipes.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I love Chicken Marsala because it's really easy to make, but is so delicious it makes you come off like a pro chef in the kitchen. The chicken is soft and fluffy, and sits in a smooth, velvety cream and wine reduction sauce. This is a total crowd-pleaser! Serve as is, or with pasta.
Prep Time: 20
Cook Time: 30
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp all purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- cooking oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 8 oz Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup onions, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup Marsala wine
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Cut chicken into several long fillets and place in a bag. Pound them to flatten to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Place the flour into the bag with the chicken. Add about 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Shake bag to coat chicken evenly.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil and 1 tablespoon of butter in a large pan over medium-high heat. Place the chicken pieces into the pan. Cook for about 3 minutes per side, until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Melt the other tablespoon of butter in the pan. Add the mushrooms and cook for a few minutes, until lightly browned.
- Add the onion and garlic. Cook for a couple minutes until everything is softened. Add a couple pinches of salt.
- Add the wine, broth, heavy cream and thyme. Scrape any bits from the pan and stir well. Bring the liquid to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium.
- Boil this mixture, uncovered, for about 10 minutes. Let reduce by half, then add the chicken pieces back into the pan. Reduce heat to low and cook for a few minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste, if needed. Serve immediately.
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Using a non-stick pan, cook chicken in oil at medium high, about 3 minutes per side or until done. Remove from pan and cover with foil.Read More...
Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, dredge both sides of the chicken breasts in flour, shake off the excess flour and place in pan.Read More...
Delicious and easy to prepare. This is great with pasta, potatoes or rice.