Easy and Freezable Chicken Marsala
This easy version of a traditional Italian favorite is great to keep in the freezer in the event of unexpected company. Serve over linguine or fettuccine for a delicious and elegant dinner.
- 1 - 1 1/2 lbs chicken breast sliced thin
- 1-cup flour
- 1 stick butter
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Chicken bullion cube
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- Salt & pepper
- Place stick of butter in skillet with 2 tbs olive oil
- Dip chicken in egg and then coat in flour.
- Place in frying pan with oil until golden brown on both sides
- Add boiling water with bullion cube, dissolve and place into frying pan
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes
To freeze, transfer entire contents of skillet to a disposable, aluminum pan with a cover. Allow time to cool and place in freezer.
Directions for preparing the frozen meal:
Heat oven to 350 and lightly cover with aluminum foil. Bake for approximately one hour or until sauce is bubbling and chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove foil for last twenty minutes of baking.
By Amy Mahoney
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!