Pressure Cooker Chicken Marsala
I love using my Instant Pot pressure cooker. It is so fast and doesn't heat up the kitchen in the summer. This chicken came out juicy and delicious. A sale on chicken and mushrooms this week made it very economical, too.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Source: Facebook group
- 4 chicken thighs, with skin and bones
- 4 tsp butter or oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 Tbsp diced shallots
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- garlic powder
- 3/4 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1-2 Tbsp corn starch
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Season both sides of chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Turn Instant Pot to saute and wait for it to heat. Add some oil to cover the bottom. Brown the chicken lightly.
- Remove chicken and add some more oil. Saute mushrooms, shallots, and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken back in, along with Marsala wine, stock, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Lock IP cover and switch to manual. Set to 10 minutes.
- Quick release. Remove the chicken and mushrooms. You will leave the juice in the pot.
- Take 1/2 cup of the broth out and mix with corn starch and butter. Whisk together well, then pour back into the pot with the rest of the liquid.
- Stir constantly until a thick gravy forms for about 5 minutes. Gradually add more corn starch if needed. Adjust seasoning as desired.
- Serve the chicken with mushrooms and sauce on the top. Potatoes, rice or noodles are great with the sauce, too.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!