Preventing Kidney Stones

I am 18 year old and I am suffering from a kidney stone for the 3rd time. Now I am having 2 stones, 16.5 mm and 6.5 mm. Kindly give me some solution for this, please.

By Nitesh

Check out this link from earthclinic.com

I go here frequently to check out new things to do for different ailments. Use your judgement to decide if any of them are safe and for you to use.

www.earthclinic.com/.../kidney_stones.html

Also don't eat Mexican food and drink lots of water and lots of real lemonade, not the fake kind, but real lemonade with bunches of lemons in it!

What did your doctor say?
What are your kidney stones made of?
They would be mineral based. Usually it means your body is either getting too much of a mineral, or is unable to beak it down.
Medical questions need to be asked to the doctor or a medical community - not lay people. As an EMT I can tell you asking friends, peers, coworkers and such often leads to misdignoses that cause more harm than good and can actually delay helping a serious problem.

No sodas at all - ever for you. Look for home cure of lemon and olive oil. It works.

I wish we could 'thumbs up/down' replies to questions-Mom From Missouri would win my up!

She is absolutely right-the best (read only) person to ask for this serious a bit of medical advice is your health care professional.

My brother had 'stag-horn' stones so profound in one kidney that after lipotripsy treatment failed to break up the stone, his doctor decided to remove the kidney. I was tested for compatibility as a donor because they thought the other one might have to be removed as well. I was a 'perfect' match so they had me prepped and waiting whilst they did the surgery-luckily they were able to save the remaining kidney.

The upshot of it all was that the doctors told us kidney stones, gout, and related illness run in families, and usually begin to appear in the middle-aged years. At the time my brother was in his mid-forties, so he was right on schedule.

My point is-you write that you are very young, only 18, and have a history of stones already. That's extremely shocking. You MUST be under the care of a competent medical professional as there is clearly something out of the ordinary happening with you. He/she will advise you on proper diet, medications, lifestyle changes to make, etc, to keep you from losing a kidney. You will also be given genetic advisements as to the potential for passing whatever is going on with you onto future offspring.

Please. Go to the doctor. Now.

You can ask your doctor to recommend a dietician who will be able advise you on the proper diet to help prevent this from re-occurring.

Two ideas I've heard over the years that may help - (1) avoid drinking sodas and (2) try a roller coaster ride (which supposedly dislodges the stones). Be well soon!