Printing Roses Using Celery Stalks

This is a project that can be done by all ages! It all begins with a stalk of celery.

Total Time: up to 1 hr

Link: http://www.bargaingardencottagedesign.com

• 1 celery ($1.69)
  • 3 craft paints ($2.97)
  • 3 sponge or bristle brushes ($1.00)
  • 1 scrap paper to check the print ($0)

1. Cut your celery stalk off leaving a base about 3 to 4 inches tall.

2. Choose paint colors that blend well to make flowers. Try 3 to 4 different shades and apply to the cut end of your celery using brushes to add small amounts of paint, alternating colors that look like petals visually.
  3. Use scrap paper to pre-stamp your celery for the look you want before adding to your object. This is done to see if you like a heavy look or a muted look.
  4. This is a stamping technique done with a veggie and left overs can be eaten after your hard work!

3 More Solutions

I love craft painting with stencils and stamps. And not all stamps have to be expensive. I have seen them carved out of erasers, foam rubber, even potatoes. How about celery? If cut near the root end and used as a stamp, celery leaves a surprisingly lovely "rose" imprint- let me show you how!

Celery Rose Shaped Stencil Stamp

I cut off the end of a celery stalk and it looked like a rose. I had to post it, it was so cute. I didn't know they looked like that! Interesting!

A cut end of celery to make a rose stamp.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Videos

Don't throw away the end of your celery bunch, use it to create these beautiful painted roses. Learn how to make it in this short video.

Crafts MiscellaneousApril 18, 2016
😷
🎉
🎄
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Printing-Roses-Using-Celery-Stalks-1.html