Home RemediesHealth & Beauty

Products for Nickel Dermatitis

I haven't posted here in a while. Hope you are all well and blessed! I have nickel dermatitis and saw these 2 products online. Has anyone here tried either of them? How well do they work? Thought I'd ask about them before I plunked down the $ for them! Thanks for your input! Here's the links to the items: Jewelry Shield - https://www.esslinger.com/jewelry-shield-solution-1-2-oz/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIo4OCka223QIVR-DICh1TPwH9EAYYAyABEgIj5_D_BwE and Nickel Guard - https://athenaallergy.com/products/nickel-guard.

Anything that shields your skin from the metal should work. You can coat the insides of bracelets and rings with clear nail polish. There is a company called Simply Whispers that makes nickel-free jewelry. Even though I dont have an issue, I bought a pair of earrings over 30 years ago because they were pretty. They look as good today as when I bought them.

When I wore jewelry, I used clear nail polish on the inside to prevent rashes. It worked, it was cheap, and didn't give me a reaction to the polish itself.

You do have to be careful not get it near gems and just coat the inside. It can ruin stones very easily.

You may not find anyone that has used this type of product on this site but I wonder what you have been using in the past? Or is this dermatitis something you have just found out about?

Clear nail polish has been used on jewelry (mainly rings and earrings) for this reason and other reasons for ages so we know it will work. Have you tried it or is there some reason you cannot use nail polish?

As to the products you mentioned, I can only recommend that if you do decide to purchase this type product, you should check out what is available on Amazon so that you know you are dealing with a company that will accept a complaint should be there be one.