Prognosis for a Puppy With Parvo?

0
Share
4
Save
Follow
Print

My 8 months old Rottweiler has parvo, he started vomiting yesterday, and has bloody stool. We took him to the vet right when we saw him vomiting. He hasn't been eating for 3 days. Last night he got admitted, he got his medication and IV fluid. Today he only vomited just once. He is able to walk a little bit and he was able to pee today. But still has bloody stool. I'm really scared for him, will I lose him? Is there any chance of survival? He was my first dog and I got him when he was 40 days old.

He is getting the best care possible. If he is vomiting less, that is good. I wish you luck

Prayers going up for you and your pup! I know a dog who survived this dreaded disease and lives today to bark about it! Getting good vet care is critical and you did that!! Follow your vet's advice to the letter. Keep telling your pup he us a fighter and can beat this and surround him with as much love, prayer, and positive energy as you can!! Wishing him sn awesome outcome. Keep me posted!!

I think tht as long as he remains hydrated there's a decent chance he'll pull through. The most important thing is to make sure he never gets dehydrated.

Some give them Pepto Bismol to sort the stomach problems too. Other than that you just have to allow his immune system to do its job for him

Jean is correct about dehydration being his biggest enemy. If he isnt drinking on a regular basis you may need to go back to the Vet for more meds and hydration. Just stay in touch with your Vet and follow his/her directions.

Pets Dogs HealthAugust 29, 2018
🎆
🌻
👔
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Prognosis-for-a-Puppy-With-Parvo-4.html