Pumpkin Spice Ricotta Muffins
The ricotta cheese is a nice addition to this delicious pumpkin spice muffin recipe. This is a guide about pumpkin spice ricotta muffins.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These delicious muffins were a great way for me to use up both the ricotta that I had leftover from making lasagne and my frozen pumpkin purée. They have protein and are low sugar. They freeze well provided that they are tightly wrapped.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: Half hour
Source: Shared on Facebook
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 cup low fat ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sugar (I used 1/4 cup stevia)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 2/3 cup flour (I used half whole wheat flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Blend the purée, ricotta, egg and oil until smooth.
- Add the sugar and spices. Blend again.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt to the pumpkin purée mixture. Blend well.
- Fill lined or greased muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 18 minutes or until done.