Puppy Being Treated for Parvo Not Peeing

My puppy has parvo. I noticed this evening she didn't have any appetite. I knew right then something was wrong. That evening later she was throwing up. Then she didn't want any food and continued throwing up and dry heaving By the next morning I noticed a liquidy diarrhea. I smelled bad and was actually bloody diarrhea so I took her to the vet right then. He seems to think we caught it in time and she should be able to pull through. For now she is on 36 hours of IV treatments, so she don't throw up.

My question is she just wants to sit there and drink water all the time. Finally I had to take the water away from her and now I'm just getting nervous. I gave her 10 CCs of Pedialyte and some chicken broth. She hasn't gone to the bathroom yet. My question is did I do the right thing by taking the water away? And my next question was how do I get her to pee. Is it a bad thing that she hasn't peed? Thanks so much.

By Belinda from Fountain, FL

You really need to ask your Vet. The diarrhea may dehydrate her, thus the extra water drinking. I would let her have what water she wants.