If you have ever joined a book club, you will know that the first time getting together might be a bit awkward, as the members do not know one another yet, and the conversations might seem a bit strained.
Here is an easy craft to use as an introductory exercise to get the book club going! Let each member make a bookmark that they can use in the book that they are currently reading. The craft itself takes about 10 minutes, but before long, everyone will be chatting and sharing their favorite books with one another.
You will need the following:
- one row of flowers from the provided design for each member ~ Download the Template Here
- 6" x 2" sized piece of cardstock for each member
- 11" of 0.3" wide light green velvet ribbon for each member
- coloring equipment
- embroidery scissors or small scissors that can cut small angles
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
What to do:
- Let each member color a row of flowers.
- Glue the colored flowers onto a piece of cardstock and cut out the flowers.
- Glue the flowers on to a velvet ribbon ~ and voila!