Herbs and SpicesFood Tips

Quickly Dry Herbs in Your Car

My car sits in an open sunny spot and frequently is quite warm when I go to use it. Since I had lots of basil to dry, I thought I'd try to dry it in the car and it worked perfectly!

I washed it and left it in a strainer (or your could use a colander) which I placed in front of my reflective window shade in the car. By the end of the half day I left it out there, it was crispy dry and ready to store away! Great quick way to dry herbs/leaves.

Cheaper than using my electric dehydrator or oven, better then waiting forever hanging it in attic (and no worries about dust, dirt, bugs, etc) and so less work for me too. A Solar Solution!

The reflective shade really helped, I think. You could do it without but it may take a little longer.

Simply amazing idea my mind is blown

Thanks. I did this with apples. I sliced them, put them on cardboard in my car, closed the windows and parked in the sun. They came out great. Organic dried apples for free. The apples were drops from my apple tree so they don't look exactly like the picture because I had to cut some parts out.

Thanks. I did this with apples. I sliced them, put them on cardboard in my car, closed the windows and parked in the sun.

They came out great. Organic dried apples for free. The apples were drops from my apple tree so they don't look exactly like the picture because I had to cut some parts out.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Herbs and SpicesOctober 1, 2019
🎃