Raisin, Date, and Pecan Oatmeal Cookies
I wanted to make some oatmeal cookies similar to the DH's favorite cereal, Post's Great Grains with Raisins, Dates and Pecans.
Total Time: 1 hour including baking time
Yield: 4 dozen more or less
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup flour (I used 1cup unbleached white and 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt, optional
- 3 cups oats, quick or regular
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dates, I used medjool
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup broke pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat together butter and sugars until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Add baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well.
- Add flour. Mix well.
- Stir in oats, raisins, dates, pecans, and coconut. Mix very well to distribute these ingredients.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet, then remove to wire rack or plate.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!