Raising Zebra Finches?

I'm always finding things on the internet telling me to separate my baby zebra finches from their parents when they're old enough. I can't find why, and if I really should do this. All of my zebra finches right now (25 or so) are family, and haven't ever been separated. They are all in one aviary.

Best Answer

For breeding purposes one couple should be in a cage. They do better in non-crowded conditions.

Best Answer

If you want to start raising Zebra Finches it is necessary to have several cages set up in your home or yard. Once the babies have grown up it is necessary to move them to a new cage. The rule of thumb is one set of finches per cage so that they can breed. If the cages are too crowded the male and female will not breed.

Pets BirdsNovember 3, 2019
😷
🎉
🎄
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Raising-Zebra-Finches-4.html