Raspberry Jelly Filled Butter Cupcakes
February 1, 2020
Swiss meringue buttercream is a little hard to master. Making the meringue requires no grease in all your tools and yet you'll have to dump a pound of butter to a perfect Swiss meringue buttercream. At first attempt the foam all went down and became runny. Later on I found out the butter was actually not enough to put it back to the right consistency. Time is running out and I don't want to take risk on my extra ingredients. I started back again and the last thing I did was just save the disaster icing by cooking it into something for the kids.
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 sticks butter (half a pound)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- raspberry jelly
- Heat at least 2 cups of water in a pot.
- When water starts to boil, place bowl with egg whites and sugar. Make sure the bowl doesn't touch the water. Start whisking the mixture.
- Continue whisking until sugar melts. Try to feel it with your fingers. When texture is smooth and no sugar grains can be felt with fingers, remove it from heat.
- Now, beat mixture using electric mixer.
- Beat on high until soft peaks form and foam turns silky white.
- Gradually add small cuts of butter.
- Add egg yolks and vanilla extract.
- Sift together flour and baking powder.
- Add it into the buttercream mixture, adjust mixer speed to medium.
- Scoop mixture and place into lined cupcake pan.
- Bake at 170 C for 15-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Place jelly in a sauce bottle and inject / squeeze inside butter cupcakes.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.