Raspberry Jelly Filled Butter Cupcakes
These butter cupcakes are filled with raspberry jelly. What started as a butter cream meringue was turned into these rich filled cakes for the kids.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Swiss meringue buttercream is a little hard to master. Making the meringue requires no grease in all your tools and yet you'll have to dump a pound of butter to a perfect Swiss meringue buttercream. At first attempt the foam all went down and became runny. Later on I found out the butter was actually not enough to put it back to the right consistency. Time is running out and I don't want to take risk on my extra ingredients. I started back again and the last thing I did was just save the disaster icing by cooking it into something for the kids.
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 sticks butter (half a pound)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- raspberry jelly
- Heat at least 2 cups of water in a pot.
- When water starts to boil, place bowl with egg whites and sugar. Make sure the bowl doesn't touch the water. Start whisking the mixture.
- Continue whisking until sugar melts. Try to feel it with your fingers. When texture is smooth and no sugar grains can be felt with fingers, remove it from heat.
- Now, beat mixture using electric mixer.
- Beat on high until soft peaks form and foam turns silky white.
- Gradually add small cuts of butter.
- Add egg yolks and vanilla extract.
- Sift together flour and baking powder.
- Add it into the buttercream mixture, adjust mixer speed to medium.
- Scoop mixture and place into lined cupcake pan.
- Bake at 170 C for 15-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Place jelly in a sauce bottle and inject / squeeze inside butter cupcakes.