OfficeRepair

Reattaching a Typewriter Key Head

I have a Smith-Corona 5TE, I believe it was made in the 1950s. The head on the N/n key came off the key arm. I have it and I wanted to know what's the best way to reattach it.

I have never tried this so it is beyond my expertise, but, if I had this problem I would Google Vintage typewriter repair shops with my zip and see what names appear. If too many names appear you could then try it with Smith-Corona 5TE to narrow it down.

Start calling to see if they will offer any free advice or see what they would charge to make the repair. It may be expensive but then - you can't use the machine without the repair.

Check several before you decide.

Hopefully someone else will have some ideas for repair.