Receiving SSDI Benefits

I have two boys who receive disability funds through me. One is turning 18 and will no longer receive benefits. Does his brother's benefit change? Does it increase or stay the same?


By Scarm134

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

January 27, 20140 found this helpful

Call you local Social Security Office and talk to them. If they each received separate disability checks I would think the younger one would receive the amount he has always received. The SS Office is the only place you will get the right answer.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
January 29, 20140 found this helpful

When your older child turns 18, the benefits he received will go to the other child. For example, if each was getting $100.00 now your younger son will get $200 now.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
In This Guide
Business and Legal Legal General AdviceJanuary 27, 2014
Pest Control
Mother's Day Ideas!
Easter Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.

Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2019 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Generated 2019/04/16 04:28:52 in 828 msecs. ⛅️️
Loading Something Awesome!