Recipe For Cherry Pudding?

0
Share
10
Save
Follow
Print

Does anyone have an easy old fashioned recipe for cherry pudding? I lost mine from old family recipe. It was quick and easy one step recipe.

Taste of Home always has good recipes! www.tasteofhome.com/.../

I've never heard of a one step pudding but when I think of pudding it looks similar to this:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEB3BUEBNx4

Everything else is like cobbler to me:
www.allrecipes.com/.../

Maybe someone else has your recipe and we'll all get to share it.

Thanks for replies. This pudding is a baked cake pudding similar to banana bread and is an old simple one from past generations.

Joan

I hope someone has it available.
I'd like to try it also.

This is from Taste of Home and is 7 ingredients and all mixed into one:
www.tasteofhome.com/.../

Our mother's recipes pleased all six of her children. One of my brothers was especially fond of her cherry pudding. Every time he came home, Mom would bake this cake-like treat. Now, I surprise him with it whenever he visits me.

Baked Cherry Pudding

Total Time Prep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. Makes 6 servings

Ingredients
1-2/3 cups sugar, divided
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup milk
1 can (14-1/2 ounces) pitted tart cherries, undrained
1 tablespoon butter
Directions
In a small bowl, combine 2/3 cup sugar, flour, baking powder and salt.

Stir in milk. Spread into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish; set aside.
In a small saucepan, combine the cherries, butter and remaining sugar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Spoon over crust. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts
1 piece: 376 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 221mg sodium, 86g carbohydrate (68g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.

Hope this is what you're looking for.

Thanks gggd, this recipe is close but my recipe did not call for cooking the cherries first. They were just added to the mixture and baked. The ingredients, I think in this recipe, sounds like what I used in my baking so I will try it minus cooking the cherries.

Joan

Joan,
I hope this version is close enough to what you were looking for. Let us all know how it turns out. Enjoy.!!!!!

Here are a couple of links that I found that appear to be pretty old. I'm hoping that one of these will be close to your family recipe. Do let us know when you figure it out, sounds delicious!

This recipe is old fashioned. The blogger suggests it is 100 years old but it's written in too modern a style to be really that old: ahundredyearsago.com/.../

• 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla

• 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 1/2 cups pitted sour cherries*
  • 1/2 cup water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put into a mixing bowl: butter, sugar, baking powder, salt, egg, milk, flour, and vanilla; beat until smooth. Pour into a 7 1/2 X 12 X 2 inch rectangular casserole dish, or similarly sized dish.

Make sauce by heating the 3/4 cup of sugar, cherries (including any juice), and water. Bring to a boil; then pour the cherry sauce over the batter. Place in oven and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until pudding just begins to shrink from sides of dish, and the top is golden brown. When baked, cherries and sauce will be on the bottom. Serve warm. If desired, may be served with milk.

*Frozen or canned cherries may be used. Do not drain frozen or canned cherries; and include juice when measuring cherries. It works okay to use a 1 pound can of cherriesthere just will be somewhat fewer cherries in the dish than if fresh or frozen cherries were used. Reduce amount of sugar, if using cherries canned or frozen in sugar syrup.

This one is taken right off an old recipe card, probably from the 40s or 50s: vintagerecipeproject.com/.../

Ingredients

• 2 cups flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 tablespoons shortening
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • 2 cups cherries

Topping

• 1 cup sugar

Instructions

• Sift flour and baking powder
  • Cream sugar and shortening
  • Mix two mixtures together
  • Add milk and stir well
  • Add cherries to baking pan and cover with mixture
  • Sprinkle with 1 cup sugar
  • Pour over 1 pint liquid
  • Bake for 45 minutes

Thank you, this 40's or 50's sounds close to what I am looking for. Will try it and let you know.

I remember eating something like what you describe when I was a kid--it seemed more like a backed custard but a little firmer:

www.irishtimes.com/.../clafoutis-a-baked-cherry-pudding...

The name they are calling doesn't ring a bell, but the steps and the ingredients are similar to my memory, so there was probably a Jewish granny name for it.

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Desserts PuddingMay 15, 2021
😎
🐛
🎆
🌻
👔
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Recipe-For-Cherry-Pudding.html