Recycled Candy Box Picture Frame

Category Frames
A heart shaped chocolates box can be made into a perfect picture frame for loved one. This is a guide about recycled candy box picture frame.

I love repurposing chocolate boxes. Here, I've made a copy of a priceless photo of my mum as a bride and made a frame for it from a box of chocolates I got on Valentine's Day. I know my dad will love this because he gets hearts in his eyes whenever he sees her!

Total Time: 45 minutes

Yield: 1 frame

• 1 photograph
  • 1 empty chocolate box (with liner insert)
  • pen or pencil
  • scissors
  • glue
  • craft paper (optional)

1. Blow up your picture so it is big enough to fill the box. I used my all-in-one printer and used the copy/expand image to size function to make the photo of my mother as big as a piece of printer paper.
  2. Place the chocolate box liner sheet over the copied image to decide where you'll be cutting.
  3. Trace the heart onto the image.
  4. Cut out the heart.
  5. Place the photo inside the box and lift the edges to place tiny dots of glue around the backside edges. Press down on the image.
  6. If you'd like to add a bit more flair to your frame, cut out strips of craft paper as wide as the depth of the chocolate box. Mine was 1 inch deep.
  7. Glue strips to the inside edges of the box.
  8. Pinch the craft paper against any edges you come across, then glue down.
  9. Enjoy your photo and frame without damaging any originals. :)

Create a picture frame out of a pretty Valentine candy box. This is actually my first time at making any sort of craft. I cut the top off of a Valentine candy box because it was pretty and I thought long and hard about all the possibilities.