ContainersRecycled Crafts

Recycled Ice Cream Box into Giftbox

It's summer time which means our freezers probably have some ice cream. If you do, save your ice cream packaging to reuse as gift boxes!

I bought this Ben & Jerry's pint slice ice cream for .99 cents after coupons and paired with a sale. The box is perfect for smaller gifts.

Another gift option, reuse store bags as gift bag: https://www.thriftyfun.com/Upcycle-a-Kraft-Paper-Store-Bag.html

Total Time: 20 minutes

1. Search for images that you want your gift box to be decorated with. My theme I went with was floral, flowers, and nature.
  2. I hand ripped some of the images to give the box a more handmade look with character. Glue them down with a thin layer of mod podge, allow to dry and then apply another layer of mod podge.
  3. For the accent (top) I cut a collage of flowers. Mod podge it down and then I ripped the centerpiece for the box into a heart shape of flowers and put it over the collage and applied another layer of mod podge.