Recycled Soap Dish Ideas

Category Other
There are a variety of containers that can be fashioned into a soap dish. This is a guide about recycled soap dish ideas.

Bowl noodles are a staple in our household, just in case there is nothing to eat. You can enjoy your noodles and have a sturdy plastic bowl left over. You can use the plastic bowl as a soap bowl, like we do in our household. We put soap and our sponge to hand wash our dishes.

I am looking for an inexpensive way to recycle something to make a soap holder or dish that will fit on the ledge of the sink and not fall off. I can't think of anything any suggestions?

Birthaleen from Burbank, CA

Answers

Best Answer

Don't they sell handy little basket type things to hang over the divider in the sink for silverware or scrubbing pads? That should work.

Best Answer

I put my soap on a sponge. It keeps it from getting too gooey and every once in a while I use it to clean my sink and counter.

Best Answer

Cut out the bottom of a cardboard milk carton. You can stretch rubber bands criss-cross across the top to make a "drainer" so your soap can dry out in between uses. (I use 6 or 8 rubber bands to make a grid.)

If you buy fruit in a mesh-type bag, you can make a small mesh bag and hang your soap from a hook on the side of the sink or on the faucet. This also works well for all those little leftover pieces of soap in the bath. If you put a small sponge in with it, you can use the bag as a scrub brush on your skin and it foams up really nicely! I like to use this on the rough skin of my feet.

Cantate

Anonymous
Best Answer

I cut the bottom off of a yogurt container, leaving a small plastic dish about 5 cm tall (you could also just use a small plastic sour cream/yogurt container instead of cutting down a large one) and then stabbed holes in the bottom of the container. I flipped the container over so the holey bottom was face up and the soap dish looked like an upside down cup with holes in the top. You place your soap on top of the container so that any water on the soap falls through the holes to the area underneath the container. This means your soap is never resting in water and getting all mushy and dissolved. It doesn't look great, but it sure works well! Take care :-)