AdviceHealth & Beauty

Refreshing Old Boo Boo Bags

I have 4 pre-made bags that no longer hold heat or cold. Can I open them, dump out the old filler and replace with new? I am not sure what is in there, but I think I would replace with rice.

We have done this with rice and it works great. Dump the old stuff, wash (if you can) the outside. Dry it. Add as much plain, uncooked, dry, white rice as fits in the bag to your comfort (I like mine bendy to shape around all my achy parts). Then sew it back up. I always keep mine in the freezer so it doesn't get bugs. It is great frozen or a minute or two in the microwave to heat it up. DO NOT USE INSTANT RICE...just cheap white rice (I usually get it at Big Lots or Walmart). I don't recommend keeping them any where other than the freezer!! But that is just me!

This can be done with rice. Be careful when you microwave the pack that the rice does not get too hot and burn the skin.