Remedy for Armpit Odor

Well everyday I go to school by walking, but I sweat even before getting to school. Sometimes I feel like going back home and showering but it's too late.

Many people talk about me and they say I never shower. I don't understand even when I'm showering routinely it happens. Why do my armpits smell so bad when I'm playing, but others don't smell. What can I do? And why me only?

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

Do you have excessive perspiration? This can also be a problem, as well as smelliness. My son had this problem, and used a product called "Drysol" (I think that was the name -- I hope it was! We found the name by googling on the net, and then discussed this with our druggist, who had the product on the shelves.) This worked well for him. As well, he used Mitchem antiperspirant, as that was the most effective brand. I would also suggest wearing clothes made from cotton, as polyester shirts are more prone to smelliness than cotton ones. You could try these things first, as they are pretty low cost, and don't require a doctor's visit. However, if the perspiration is not excessive, Drysol is not for you; it is not for just odor.

Hi I used drysol it only worked for a week then the smell was back

Best Answer

Try this. Go to cvs or walgreens and buy hibiclens. Use it daily or even three times per week. I know it makes you super clean and it is what health professionals such as surgeons use before surgery.

It sounds like you have a deficiency of a mineral or vitamin. For instance if your underarms smell like pennies you need copper...etc. I would see a doctor if you can. I did a google search and you might want to visit this website. I hope it helps.

http://www.home … d-underarm-odor/

Best Answer

It sound hormonal. You can balance your ph out with drinking raw apple cider vinegar with water and raw honey. Take some probiotics and wash with baking soda instead of soap. It cleanses better and balances your skin ph out. It may take about 2 weeks to change but it works. You can also put clove oil, just a drop, on your deoderant then put on. It kills bacteria. But only use a tiny drop its very hot. You can get pure clove oil from most stores for $6

I strongly suggest that you see your doctor as soon as possible as you may have a medical problem that must be evaluated by your doctor or a dermatologist-a medical specialist. An evaluation by your doctor now will avoid a long process of trying many "remedies", hoping to find one that works for you. Some body odor problems can be resolved by a change in diet, trying different types of soap, etc., however, there are some body odor problems that require a medical evaluation and specific medical treatment. The site below from Mayo Clinic provides more information about body odor and how to prepare for your doctor's appointment:

http://www.mayo … ent/con-20014438

Hello little one, you are blessed to learn how to stop this problem before you get old like me, but try the first two answers-purchase the Boudreaux butt paste or try baking soda and corn meal. A lot of people on this site have never had the problem and do not understand the regular deodorants or soaps do not work.

I used to have the same problem with my armpits, I would shower 3 times maybe even more a day and it's like 10 minutes later I'm musty. Ive tried all of the deodorants, clinical, fragrance free, dove, degree, men's deodorant all of the above but nothing worked , it was really embarrassing because I was living with my boyfriend and I know he noticed it but just never said anything about it, but just recently I found a cure and it's Been working great for the past couple of months. It involves pills and homemade deodorant. Go to CVS and get the Probiotic Acidophilus pills (good bacteria for your digestive system) the "100 million live cultures" not the billions. Take 4 a day. Two when you Wake up and two when u go to sleep. And make your own homemade deodorant : Cornstarch , baking soda, and coconut oil. This remedy has worked amazingly for me and I hope I can help someone else out. (Started noticing I wasn't stinking anymore in like 3 days, also this is what works for me I'm not saying that it will work for everyone it's just what worked for me)

Great idea! I have found 90% of arm pit odor, I was one, is from the body's ph balance being off. Some its hormones. That is an internal issue you can get rid of by eating lots of veggies and fruits, staying away from processed foods and added salts. Drink Apple cider vinegar RAW UNFILTERED WITH THE MOTHER in it mixed with water and RAW honey daily..ur taste bad but it balances your body out. Exercise regularly and go sit in a WET steam room or hot shower with the doors sealed if you can't use a steam room. Then I put clove oil in my baking soda deodorant. Seems to be working

I feel for you....I too, suffer from horrendously stinky armpits (to the point they smell like ammonia). I will have showered, put deodorant on, sweat, then deal with sweating right through my deodorant. I would have to constantly reapply deodorant just to get the smell partially under control. A really terrible thing to have to deal with when you know that you are constantly trying to keep your armpits from stinking.

So in my search for ways to deal with my stinky armpit dilemma, I found something that is in most grocery stores. It's Milk Of Magnesia! Crazy as it sounds, it helps. A lot! I put it on right after showering, and I found I don't deal with the constant stinky armpits anymore. Obviously it's not magic, and you can't expect it to last five days, or some craziness like that, but I have found it really cuts down on the stink factor.
If you decide to use it, the kind you want to get is not flavored and you want the ingredient label to read: Magnesium Hydroxide 1200 mg. Nothing else on the ingredient label.
It is runny, so you'll want to use a cotton ball to apply it. I've heard of some people adding some baking soda to it to help thicken it up, but that's your call. You could also get one of those roller ball deodorant bottles to use for the application process to make it easier to apply.
After you apply it, since it'll be wet, you'll have to give it a little bit of time to air dry before you put your shirt on. I usually just wave my hands over each armpit to help it dry quicker (or you can use a blow dryer). Either way works.
Another nice thing with this, is you don't have to apply deodorant on top of it. So if you're trying to stay away from deodorants with aluminum in them, this is a great option.
It allows your body to sweat like it's suppose to, but it keeps your armpits from smelling like a stinky litter box (yes, that's the kind of body chemistry I have under my pits).
For me, this is what has helped. For you, I don't know but I wish you all the best in finding what works for you!

Anonymous

You can buy some deodorant your under arms can smell goodunderarm few hours depending on how good the deodorant is idk if thaw was helpful I hope it was

Pre scrub your pits... I'm saying take your soap, work a good lather and scrub with your fingers getting the pit and all around, making sure to wash any old deodorant and sweat off from the day. Deodorant is hard to wash off so I always pre wash and loosen the deodorant with my finger nails, don't scrub too hard, you're not scratching yourself.. wash it off, shave everyday if you can (I shave everyday and my pits never get irritated because they're used to it). Wash your whole body and wash your pits again with your loofah or whatever. Use a clean towel to pat them dry, if you don't wash your towels regularly you are just putting germs on your pits again and they will stink. Let the pits air dry a bit and then use your deodorant. If it's really bad, use a bit of rubbing alcohol to kill surface germs and then apply deodorant. Again, the less hair under your arms the better, one less place for the germs to hang out!

Hi,

I am a bit of a natural stinker too. I found a couple of spray of aftershave under each armpit to be the absolute cure. Normally I can smell sometimes within minutes of coming out of the shower. Now, I can go 2 days without a shower and all I can smell is the feint smell of aftershave I sprayed on 2 days prior. And no, I can usually smell myself. I stink and am aware of it. This works.

Wow! Just tried this Hand Sanitizer and it INSTANTLY got rid of the smell!! I previously tried lemon juice but no luck! Simple equation: Odor is the cause of bacteria. Kudos to all who mentioned hand sanitizer. Also, I'm switching to Deodorant and no longer using Antiperspirant. What's the best Deodorant? Men and women's. Thanks in advance:))))