Remedy for Cat Hair Loss Due to Stress

My cat started pulling out her fur due to stress as my dog was ill. It got worse when she died. Now a year later her fur is still the same, are there any home remedies I can use to help the fur grow?

Best Answer

Some people say coconut oil is good for a cat's hair and skin. It wouldn't hurt to try.

Best Answer

Hair loss in animals is the same in humans. If she has pulled out her own hair it may never grow back. She could have damaged her skin and fur. You might want to check with your vet if there is some sort of pills that you might give the cat to help with this. Normally the hair will grow back within a few weeks. You can see it coming back in and it is a lighter color. One it has grown back in the hair will blend in with the rest of the hair.

I am so sorry you lost your dog. I would have your kitty checked by a Vet.

There are many reasons for hair loss, and if it is something other than stress it would be good to know.