Remedy for Painful Dentures

I had all of my teeth pulled and had almost 2 months of healing time before the fitting process for my dentures. I have my dentures now after several fittings, but my top plate is so painful I can't bear to put them in. I have 2 raw spots on both sides and there's a gap between the roof of my mouth and the dentures so I can't talk. Please can anyone tell me of any relief I can get for this pain?

By Renee NayNay H.

Best Answer

You need to go back to the dentist and he/she needs to give you a proper fit. Obviously they did not do a good initial job and they need to be responsible for correcting these issues.

I'm with the first poster-you need to go back to the dentist and get those fitted properly. The raw spots and gap means the fit is wrong.

When I first had mine the only trouble I had adjusting was that the palate section was too thick and caused a strong lisp. The dentist thinned it and I've been fine ever since (over a year). Raw spots would have been awful, please see your dentist ASAP.

Good luck, please update us.

I agree with the back to the dentist advice. For sore gums gargle with "a dash of sea salt in warm water".