AdviceCrafts

Removing Adhesive from Stick-On Velcro

I bought a strap of Velcro to be sewn on some fabric. It's silly of me not to have read the packaging. The Velcro comes with adhesive tape on the back of it. I don't wish to discard it as it's a waste. I hope you can help and advise how do I remove the adhesive from the whole strap of Velcro? Thank you!

Maybe if you try wiping it off with a rag doused in rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover. Just guessing here. Haven't tried it. Let us know if it worked.

A product called Un-Du will remove the adhesive.

Sometimes the adhesive is there to keep the Velcro in place while you sew it. Check and see if it is permanent or not. It should say on the package. I agree that a product that removes stickiness like UnGu would work to remove the adhesive if it is permanent.