General AdviceConsumer Advice

Removing Bag of Food Frozen to the Bottom of a Deep Freezer

I have a deep freezer. I need to pull out chicken, unfortunately, the chicken is frozen to the bottom of the deep freezer and also has bags of chicken frozen to the sides. When I pulled on the bag to get it out, I ripped the top of it off. I tried grabbing the chicken out of the bag, since there are bags frozen to the sides, this did not work. I tried a boiling hot rag, it didn't budge, please help me.

Almost anything you do is going to rip the bags.

You can try running a hot, flat (use hot water to dip) metal spatula and gently try to pry it off the sides.

This is always such a challenge. If you aren't going to use the chicken right away or want to keep it in the freezer, you are going to need to re-bag it.

Post back how it goes!

Use a hot blow dryer. Keep moving it around. Use a plastic knife to chip the melting ice away.

You should be able to use a hair dryer but I would suggest you be very careful.

You may need to defrost your freezer as it may need to be cleaned out and start over.

Consumer Advice General AdviceOctober 1, 2019
🎃