To Top

Removing Bleach Smell from Room

My dogs peed everywhere in my laundry room, (really big puddles). The only cleaner I had was bleach and I poured way too much bleach and it started stinging and burning my eyes like not even 2 minutes later. What can help get the smell out fast?

Ad

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

August 10, 20170 found this helpful

First off open all the windows and doors in your home. You need to get the air circulating in the room.
Second, use fans in the room to push the odor out the window. You want to try and push as much of the odor out of the room as possible.
Third, leave the fans running and pour some baking soda or activated charcoal on a plate. Sit the plate in the middle of the room to absorb the odor.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
August 10, 20170 found this helpful

Open the windows and put on some fans. You can also put some baking soda or activated charcoal into a dish and leave in the room

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
Ad

August 10, 20170 found this helpful

First - be sure you have removed all of the bleach from your floor (rinse several times with clear water) and remove any mop or rags used to clean with as they will still be holding the bleach and odor/smell.

Open windows and even doors if possible so you have a good current of air blowing through the room. Set any fans so they are blowing in one direction (with any natural air current) and put several bowls of vinegar, baking soda, fresh coffee grounds (unused), even newspaper will help.
Leave any of this odor absorbing stuff out overnight and close the door if possible (until morning).

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
August 11, 20170 found this helpful

Open all the windows and doors, make sure there's good circulation in there (use a fan or two if you have to), then pour baking soda or activated charcoal on a plate and place it in the room to absorb the odor.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
Ad

August 11, 20170 found this helpful

The only thing you can do is clean all the bleach up fast.Open the windows and close the room until it is gone. I have done the same with bleach too.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
August 14, 20170 found this helpful

Open your windows and doors and air it out! If you have a fan, position it to blow out the door or window. Also, put out a pan of charcoal to soak up the chlorine gas. Activated charcoal works good but it is hard to find in enough quantity to make much difference. I use charcoal briquettes for this sort of thing and it is more accessible and works well for deodorizing room space. It is not edible however so please do not ingest it in place of activated charcoal!!

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
Ad

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
In This Guide
Categories
Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsAugust 10, 2017
Guides
More
🍂
Thanksgiving Ideas!
🎃
Halloween Ideas!
Facebook
Pinterest
YouTube
Contests!
Newsletters
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Categories
Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Published by .

Generated 2017/10/19 13:38:45 in 972 msecs. ⛅️️
Loading Something Awesome!