Removing Candle Wax from Fabric

I had my martial arts belt (silk like material) left in the trunk of my car with several candles. The candles melted and my white belt is now purple, can I get it out even if it's been in there for several months. Help me get my white belt white again.

In order to get the extra wax out, you first scrape off what you can. Then you take an iron at a low setting, put a piece of brown or wax paper between the heated iron and your belt, and that should do it. If you don't have an iron, you can put the belt in the frezer so that the wax becomes brittle, then remove all the wax you can, then put the belt in boiling water to get at the rest.

more tips here: newengland.com/.../

Freeze it and scrape it off.

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsAugust 10, 2016
🌻
📓
🐛