Wax on a North Face Jacket

I splashed hot wax on my North Face fleece. It landed mostly on the nylon part. What do I do?

Audra from Lake City

The best I could help you with is suggesting to use the hair dryer on it first. Hold it and scrape with a non-sharp knife or finger nail.

My daughter in law brought me the baby's fleece blanket I had just made the baby and a candle had tipped over, splashing hot wax all over it. I threw it in the water on hot wash and it came out clean.

By Nancy (Guest Post)

I suggest using a paper bag which you would put on the material and then iron over the bag..the wax should come off on the bag and off your fleece; with fleece it might take a couple of bags (use a big bag and move it around as the wax gets on it, then use a clean spot) to do the trick but this works great for most materials. You may end up with a little spot, but if you do get a little cute iron on patch at your dollar store and cover it up; you should be good to go! good luck from Nancy in Prince Edward island Canada!

You can usually get rid of wax by scraping off as much as you can and then using a press cloth of paper towels and iron the residue with a very low iron. In the end you be left with a grease spot which should respond to spot remover for oily stains.

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJanuary 8, 2009
📓
🐛
😎
🌻