Removing Cat Urine Odor from Paper

Category Odors
Accidents happen, but when your cat pees on a book or important papers you may be scrambling to find the best clean-up method. This page offers some simple suggestions for removing cat urine odor from paper.

This will probably sound like an odd request an I don't hold out much hope, but my cat urinated on some semi-important papers (Certificate of Authenticity) I am wondering if there is a way to remove the urine stain from the paper. Any tip is appreciated.

Michele from PA

Answers

Best Answer

I found a post on a paper conservator's list that says that enzyme treatment might be best. That would be products like Nature's Miracle or other pet enzyme treatments. For one thing, it would remove any smells from the document. Once that is taken care of, letting it sit in the sunshine might help remove the stain. I've never tried anything like this so let us know how it turns out.
Susan from ThriftyFun

By GayCarolyn (Guest Post)
Best Answer

My cat used a cross stitch page for her bathroom. I covered the page with kitty litter. Waited a day and brushed it off. Took all the smell and most of the stain off. Be sure and wait until completely dry, or the paper will dissentigrate.

Best Answer

I have actually sprayed paper many times and have great results. Make solution of 3% hydrogen peroxide and "No Rinse body Bath". Adjust the sprayer to fine mist.

Best if can place in very dry area or outside briefly. Also might put white paper on front and back (after mostly dry) and stack heavy books for a few days to keep documents crisp looking

I am in high school and I have three cats. Well we have to get books out of the library and my cat peed on mine. I don't know how to get the stain and smell out. Somebody please help. I go to school tomorrow.

Answers

Best Answer

Not sure about the stain but Nok-Out is a product that will remove the smell.

Best Answer

You can try using a damp cloth on the page to soak up as much of the stain as possible, then use a hair dryer to dry the page. This might work on it. Afterwards, use baking soda on the pages to remove the odor.

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsAugust 28, 2019
🌻
🎂
📓