Cross StitchNeedlework

Removing Cross Stitch Pattern Markings

I have finished a stamped cross stitch quilt, but when washed the stamped pattern under the stitches is not dissolving. Any tips please?

Thank you.

I have had that happen also and what I have had to do was carefully remove some of the stitches and restitch over the places where it shows to make the marks to cover the color. There are some dyes (especially if this was an older pre-printed pattern) that just don't wash out. That very issue is why--when I was able to stitch--I moved from pre-print patterns to counted stitches. It was harder, but none of those pesky marks!!

Hope it works for you to fix. Post back how it goes!

Thank you .I will try redoing some of the stitches .Most people probably wouldnt notice but because I know its there its annoying .I have had this happen once before on acot quilt .Maybe they were the same make .All the others I have done have been perfect and washed out easily .

About to start a new one now .

According to this website it is common and the worst thing you can do is to expose the quilt to direct sun. The best way is to make sure your stitches cover the markings in the first place. www.novascotiaquilts.com/.../removing-the-stamped-markings-from...

Thanks ,it is an interesting article .