Removing Dog Urine Stain from Carpet

How do I remove dog pee and stains from carpet?

By Peg from Northern Ireland

Answers:

Removing Dog Urine Stain from Carpet

Cleaning up Pet Messes:

(read my post towards the bottom of that page) and follow the directions:

thriftyfun.com

I have had many people write to me since I answered the post above to say that this technique has worked when nothing else did! (especially for ferret urine in carpeting behind a space heater)

When you use the "enzyme-based" pet cleaner, be sure to pour it down into the padding and saturate both the carpeting and the pad) then cover the spot with plastic (like a new, unfolded garbage bag) to keep the spot wet (the enzyme cleaner only works when it's wet) then leave it sit overnight.

More Details:
(read more details I've posted about cleaning and preventing pet urine at the links below)

thriftyfun.com

thriftyfun.com (05/08/2010)

By Cyinda

Removing Dog Urine Stain from Carpet

This is really simple and has been posted before, I'm sure. I mix in a spray bottle: 1tsp. baking soda, 1tsp. Dawn, and 2 cups (16oz) peroxide. Shake lightly and spray stain. Do not blot. Let it dry by itself. Works for me and keeps Izzy out of the dog house. (05/09/2010)

By keeper60

Removing Dog Urine Stain from Carpet

To Peg regarding removing urine spots and odors from carpet. I use a simple mixture of 1 cup of hydrogen peroxide and 1 tablespoon of household ammonia combined in a spray bottle. Saturate the spot and rub gently to begin with. Then respray, cover with a layer of paper towels and place a heavy object like a brick on top of the paper towels and leave several hours or overnight. When you removed the towels, voila! The stain and odor are gone. This has never failed me. This also works on many other types of stains on carpet. (05/12/2010)

By Banty