Browsing: Previously House Trained Dog Peeing Indoors

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Previously House Trained Dog Peeing Indoors

Your dog could be reacting to changes in the household or possibly have a health problem. This guide is about previously house trained dog peeing indoors.

Previously house trained dog.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

August 22, 2016 Flag

Why has my dog started going to the bathroom inside ever since we moved?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 15, 2016 Flag

Why would a nine year old and and a 4 year old Boston Terrier start peeing in the house after they both were accident free? We rescued another puppy 2 years ago and recently had him fixed. I am thinking he was the reason, like a male dominance issue. But after that they all pee all over our house. What can we do? Please help.

March 1, 2016 Flag

My grandson who was born 5-1-2016 and his mum live with me. My dog has never peed in the house before, yet for 2 weeks now she keeps peeing on her bedding and just a few days ago peed on my daughter's bed. I don't know what to do.

9 year old Boston terrier that has been house broke and a female also, we rescued a puppy and all o's a sudden 2 years later both of them and the now the 2 year old have been peeing a lover the house.what can we do?

Read More Answers...

February 16, 2015 Flag

My Lulu, a Japanese Spritz is potty trained and recently has been pooping and peeing sometimes at home. We bought her 3 weeks ago and she recently started sneezing and peeing inside. What should I do?

By Diana from Ghazieh, Lebanon

Best Answer

Potty training is not complete until a dog is about a year old. Keep working with her and I am sure she will improve. Take her to the Vet to check out the sneezing. Make sure she has had her vaccinations.

Read More Answers...

July 5, 2016 Flag

I have a 6 month old Havanese Bichon Multeshipoo, he is potty trained. He is getting neutered in a few weeks, but all of a sudden he started peeing on the furniture, he just walks up and lifts a leg. He does it at my in law's house too. I try and follow him to say no, but sometimes I don't catch him on time. We have had him since he was 8 weeks old and he was doing so well with potty training. I'm not sure how to make him stop. I usually just say "no bad boy no pee pee" and I carry him outside. He knows I am upset and sits there really cute looking at me confused! What should I do so he understands?

This is territory marking behavior. Your dog has become an adolescent but is still intact, therefore he is engaging in puberty behavior. It is best not to let dogs get to the adolescent stage without being neutered because of this.

Neutering may solve your problem, but it may not because it has already started. Here is a link that might help:

http://www.humanesociety.org/animal ... tml?referrer=https://www.google.com/

And: http://www.adoptapet.com/blog/stop-your-dogs-territorial-marking-inside/

January 29, 2016 Flag

I have 2 Pit breed dogs. One is female and is over 9yrs old and the other is a male and he is 4 yrs old. They both are spaded and neutered. Both have been house trained. We have recently moved to a new house 6 months ago. My 4yr old male Pit has just recently started peeing in front of the back door where he goes outside. He dribbles with pee until he reaches the door and usually has 2 puddles of pee on the floor. He also starts barking which wakes us up at 4 am during these 2 episodes.

I am at home during the day so they both get let out and have plenty time to empty their bladders. He is drinking water excessively that we have noticed because the water bowl is completely empty in the am. After he is let out in the am he goes straight to the water bowl to drink a lot of water. I plan to take him to vet because I have never had any issues like this before. The only thing different in his routine was that I had taken him to the vet to get bathed about 5 days ago because he weighs 117lbs. He is terrified of water and is a big baby, so it's hard to bath him. Please help with any suggestions. Thank you.

My 11 year old staffy had the same problem peeing all the time and drinking loads and she was diagnosed last year with cushings disease.

Read More Answers...

March 3, 2015 Flag

My dog, Yogi, is 3 yrs old. He has been with me since he was 1 and a half. Although we bring him outdoors 3 times a day he is still peeing in the house randomly. Please help with some possible solutions, as I fear my hubby is getting fed up with his actions and I'm afraid he wants to give him up for adoption. I would hate to see this happen.

By Alicia

Best Answer

There can be many reasons why Yogi has trouble keeping his urination needs to your schedule. He may have a medical problem that results in his inability to hold his urine. Take your dog to your vet to rule out any medical issues. You vet can also help you with suggestions to help you help Yogi. If possible, you might consider a "doggie door" to allow Yogi to go outside when he needs to pee.

Read More Answers...

February 5, 2011 Flag

I have a 4 year old track rescued Greyhound. She has been a challenge since we got her (her sister is fine). For about 8 months she did really well, then recently started peeing in the house on occasion again. We have a neighbor coming in to let both dogs out midday, and we limit the water intake, yet 3 times this month she peed. It is in the same spot all the time even though we use Nature's Miracle to clean it up. It is not a medical issue, and seems to happen if we are home after 6pm. Is she afraid of the dark? We are getting frustrated trying to figure out what she is thinking. Any thoughts?

By Sally from Allentown, PA

Our 5 year old labrador started peeing in the kitchen floor 6 weeks after we moved house. She does it in one particular spot and only if the kitchen door is left opened over night. Her bed is in the kitchen.

It is annoying and it feels as she is doing it out of spite. I understand, many people would say "just keep kitchen doors closed", but it is stupid if kitchen gets puddle every night if the door wasn't closed!

After reading all the posts above I still cannot come up with a solution and feel our dear lovely doggy is trying to make a point that we can't understand...(( Please help!

Read More Answers...

April 15, 2014 Flag

My fiance and I have three dogs; a Boxer, and two Yorkies from different parents. Our oldest Yorkie's name is Lexi. The younger is Chloe. We got both of them when they were close to six weeks, Lexi is 1 1/2 years old and Chloe is almost 1. When we first got Lexi we house trained her, and then when we got Chloe we house trained her. Lexi was already trained when we got Chloe. Recently they have been making messes in the house at night when we are asleep. Is there a way to train them to wake me up at night if they need to go out?

Now they have been relieving themselves at other times of day when we are home. During the day when we are at work, they all stay outside. We are getting so frustrated and don't know what to do anymore. We discipline them by putting their nose by the spot and tapping them on the nose and saying "NO". Are we doing something wrong with this? Is there another way to discipline them that would be better?

By Brittany

Best Answer

The nose in the puddle training method has been pretty much debunked. If you do not catch a dog within 10 seconds and correct it, it does not have any idea what you are getting at. Check this website for ideas. It is a common problem. Good luck.

Read More Answers...

January 3, 2012 Flag

We (Tessa and I) have recently moved to Florida with my sister-in-law and their Beagle-Lab mix dog. My 4 year old Lab is peeing a significant amount of urine in the dining area lately, even when we are in the house! She has plenty of opportunity to go outside, has no issues with the other dog, no issues with potty training, and goes on daily walks. Any suggestions?

By Jennifer

Best Answer

Have you taken her to the vet? Usually when they do things they know you don't like, it's because they can't help it. How does she act when you find it or see her at it? Does she look ashamed? When my lab was doing this, she had an infection. Before doing anything else, I would have her checked out there.

As a side note, labs are known to be spirited and (I called mine psycho) spiteful. She might be jealous of the new dog and angry that now she's sharing attention with another dog. She chewed up my stuff when she thought I was slighting her. In that case, it's best to continue to reinforce that it is bad behavior so she knows you're unhappy with her when she does it. Eventually, she'll pick you over that.

Read More Answers...

March 29, 2013 Flag

I have a 3 year old lab and and 1 year old Catahoula. Both are fully housebroken and have been for quite some time. Every day when I get home from work I immediately let them both out to use the bathroom and then run around and play together a while.

Load More
Pets Dogs House TrainingDecember 5, 2012
Old black dog.
Old Dog Peeing in House
Previously House Broken Dog Has Started Pooping in the House
House Trained Dog Pooping Inside
Sad puppy laying next to wet spot on the floor with human finger pointing at it.
Dog Peeing in the House
guilty dog
Dog Peeing and Pooping Inside
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 25, 2016 at 9:23:22 AM on 10.0.2.148 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.