Previously House Trained Dog Peeing Indoors

Your dog could be reacting to changes in the household or possibly have a health problem. This guide is about previously house trained dog peeing indoors.

Previously house trained dog.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

March 1, 2016 Flag

My grandson who was born 5-1-2016 and his mum live with me. My dog has never peed in the house before, yet for 2 weeks now she keeps peeing on her bedding and just a few days ago peed on my daughter's bed. I don't know what to do.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

By the way, my cat has never had an accident in the house. Never. I've had her since she was a baby. That's because she is completely confident. She isn't afraid of strangers or loud noises. I trained her with no physical discipline whatsoever.

Read More Answers...

February 16, 2015 Flag

My Lulu, a Japanese Spritz is potty trained and recently has been pooping and peeing sometimes at home. We bought her 3 weeks ago and she recently started sneezing and peeing inside. What should I do?

By Diana from Ghazieh, Lebanon

Best Answer

Potty training is not complete until a dog is about a year old. Keep working with her and I am sure she will improve. Take her to the Vet to check out the sneezing. Make sure she has had her vaccinations.

Read More Answers...

March 3, 2015 Flag

My dog, Yogi, is 3 yrs old. He has been with me since he was 1 and a half. Although we bring him outdoors 3 times a day he is still peeing in the house randomly. Please help with some possible solutions, as I fear my hubby is getting fed up with his actions and I'm afraid he wants to give him up for adoption. I would hate to see this happen.

By Alicia

Best Answer

There can be many reasons why Yogi has trouble keeping his urination needs to your schedule. He may have a medical problem that results in his inability to hold his urine. Take your dog to your vet to rule out any medical issues. You vet can also help you with suggestions to help you help Yogi. If possible, you might consider a "doggie door" to allow Yogi to go outside when he needs to pee.

Read More Answers...

January 29, 2016 Flag

I have 2 Pit breed dogs. One is female and is over 9yrs old and the other is a male and he is 4 yrs old. They both are spaded and neutered. Both have been house trained. We have recently moved to a new house 6 months ago. My 4yr old male Pit has just recently started peeing in front of the back door where he goes outside. He dribbles with pee until he reaches the door and usually has 2 puddles of pee on the floor. He also starts barking which wakes us up at 4 am during these 2 episodes.

I am at home during the day so they both get let out and have plenty time to empty their bladders. He is drinking water excessively that we have noticed because the water bowl is completely empty in the am. After he is let out in the am he goes straight to the water bowl to drink a lot of water. I plan to take him to vet because I have never had any issues like this before. The only thing different in his routine was that I had taken him to the vet to get bathed about 5 days ago because he weighs 117lbs. He is terrified of water and is a big baby, so it's hard to bath him. Please help with any suggestions. Thank you.

This sounds like possible diabetes or a kidney or bladder infection. The vet can diagnose this for you.

Read More Answers...

February 5, 2011 Flag

I have a 4 year old track rescued Greyhound. She has been a challenge since we got her (her sister is fine). For about 8 months she did really well, then recently started peeing in the house on occasion again. We have a neighbor coming in to let both dogs out midday, and we limit the water intake, yet 3 times this month she peed. It is in the same spot all the time even though we use Nature's Miracle to clean it up. It is not a medical issue, and seems to happen if we are home after 6pm. Is she afraid of the dark? We are getting frustrated trying to figure out what she is thinking. Any thoughts?

By Sally from Allentown, PA

Our 5 year old labrador started peeing in the kitchen floor 6 weeks after we moved house. She does it in one particular spot and only if the kitchen door is left opened over night. Her bed is in the kitchen.

It is annoying and it feels as she is doing it out of spite. I understand, many people would say "just keep kitchen doors closed", but it is stupid if kitchen gets puddle every night if the door wasn't closed!

After reading all the posts above I still cannot come up with a solution and feel our dear lovely doggy is trying to make a point that we can't understand...(( Please help!

Read More Answers...

January 3, 2012 Flag

We (Tessa and I) have recently moved to Florida with my sister-in-law and their Beagle-Lab mix dog. My 4 year old Lab is peeing a significant amount of urine in the dining area lately, even when we are in the house! She has plenty of opportunity to go outside, has no issues with the other dog, no issues with potty training, and goes on daily walks. Any suggestions?

By Jennifer

Best Answer

Have you taken her to the vet? Usually when they do things they know you don't like, it's because they can't help it. How does she act when you find it or see her at it? Does she look ashamed? When my lab was doing this, she had an infection. Before doing anything else, I would have her checked out there.

As a side note, labs are known to be spirited and (I called mine psycho) spiteful. She might be jealous of the new dog and angry that now she's sharing attention with another dog. She chewed up my stuff when she thought I was slighting her. In that case, it's best to continue to reinforce that it is bad behavior so she knows you're unhappy with her when she does it. Eventually, she'll pick you over that.

Read More Answers...

January 19, 2016 Flag

My 2 year old dog, a Beagle/Patterdale cross, has just started whinning and uncontrollably weeing in the house. He's house trained and knows he's done wrong and goes to his bed straight away. His whinning is constant at the moment. He doesn't seem to be in any pain. My mum has a female Border Collie which he sees roughly once a week. She is in heat now and he's seen her once, but he hasn't seen her in a week. Could this be the reason? He's never behaved like this any other time she's been in heat. He also will sniff me and my girlfriend for an hour after we have been to my mum's.

I don't think it would be the dog in heat, unless he were exposed to her more. You really need to see a Vet right away. Dogs are very good at hiding their pain from us, it is part of their preservation instinct. If another animal sees them looking sick they may become prey. Your dog may be in a lot more pain than you realize.

March 29, 2013 Flag

I have a 3 year old lab and and 1 year old Catahoula. Both are fully housebroken and have been for quite some time. Every day when I get home from work I immediately let them both out to use the bathroom and then run around and play together a while. When I was training them I would take them out on a leash and make them pee and poop before I would let them off to play so they know the order of how things need to work. Yesterday, about 30 minutes after I let them back in my Lab starting peeing on the floor. I stopped him and made him go outside to finish. He came back in and 30 minutes later did it again.

Tonight my husband and I were on one side of the house and both of our dogs were in the dining room laying on their beds. My husband walks into the room and again my Lab was peeing all over the floor. We get that cleaned and our Catahoula follows us to the bedroom jumps on the bed and pees all over it. It's large amounts of pee. They haven't been drinking more water than usual and I let them out to go out the same number of times as usual. What could be wrong?

By Jess B

My female greyhound age 12 started peeing on the dog beds in my house. Later I found out she had a cancer tumor growing in her abdomen. The poor thing was trying to let me know how she felt. Take the dog to the vet for a professional opinion.

Read More Answers...

December 23, 2015 Flag

I have a Cain Corso Pit Bull mix and he just had his first litter of puppies. Now he is peeing all over the house. Any idea how I can get him to stop?

Your dog is nervous about possible intruders harming the puppies. This is symptomatic of a bigger issue: He doesn't trust you as pack leader.

When you have a large breed dog such as a Cane Corso or Pit Bull you must absolutely be the pack leader. The last thing you want is this dog taking control of situations in his own way. This could end in tragedy. If he pees as a territorial behavior he can bite or attack as a territorial behavior.

Get started pack leader training immediately. Here are some links to get you started:

https://www.cesarsway.com/dog-psych ... /pack-leader/how-to-be-a-pack-leader

http://leerburg.com/groundwork.htm

April 15, 2014 Flag

My fiance and I have three dogs; a Boxer, and two Yorkies from different parents. Our oldest Yorkie's name is Lexi. The younger is Chloe. We got both of them when they were close to six weeks, Lexi is 1 1/2 years old and Chloe is almost 1. When we first got Lexi we house trained her, and then when we got Chloe we house trained her. Lexi was already trained when we got Chloe. Recently they have been making messes in the house at night when we are asleep. Is there a way to train them to wake me up at night if they need to go out?

Now they have been relieving themselves at other times of day when we are home. During the day when we are at work, they all stay outside. We are getting so frustrated and don't know what to do anymore. We discipline them by putting their nose by the spot and tapping them on the nose and saying "NO". Are we doing something wrong with this? Is there another way to discipline them that would be better?

By Brittany

Best Answer

The nose in the puddle training method has been pretty much debunked. If you do not catch a dog within 10 seconds and correct it, it does not have any idea what you are getting at. Check this website for ideas. It is a common problem. Good luck.

February 25, 2014 Flag

I have a 4yr old Border Terrier who has started peeing in the house at night. I put her back in her crate last night and she peed in there also.

By Pat W.

Best Answer

Sounds like a possible bladder infection or kidney problem. A Vet will be able to tell you.

February 21, 2014 Flag

My dog has suddenly started peeing all over the house. Could this be due to the cat being in heat? He is not marking; it's a lot of pee. I had him checked by a vet; it is not medical.

By P L

Best Answer

I don't think it would be the cat. I think you need a 2nd opinion. Unless your dog is quite old I think this is a medical problem. Could be a bladder infection, and it could be diabetes (which is not hard to treat). Find a new Vet.

December 18, 2014 Flag

Our Beagle is a year and a half old. For most of her life, we've had problems with her not being able to hold her bladder very long and leaking in the house a lot when she acts like she wants to go out. She's trained with underground fencing in our yard so almost all the time she just wants to go outside and run around, but other times when she wants to go outside to pee, she usually just gets really quiet and acts really anxious/stressed out and starts pacing near a door and before we have a chance to let her out, she leaks. There are a lot of other times where we will just come across a puddle or drips by a door or steps or even just a random spot on the carpet. We had her on incontinence pills for a while which seemed to help, but eventually those stopped working, we've had her checked for urinary tract infections. She's never shown any signs of pain or discomfort with peeing so we don't suspect any stones. She has never had an accident in her crate and has held it for over 12 hours sleeping. Has anyone had any type of problem like this, is this a behavior problem, can it be fixed?

By David F.

If your dog is spayed, she may be having this problem from having been spayed. Sometimes the vet who has done the surgery can accidentally nick areas that should not be and you end up with this type of problem. There is nothing the poor dog can do to control it. If this happens to be the problem, maybe there is some corrective surgery that can be done to elimate the problem. If not, you might consider doggy diapers. However, they do need to be checked and changed regularly because the dog can develop diaper rash just like babies can.

Read More Answers...

February 28, 2013 Flag

Black Lab on couch.Can steroids and antibiotics cause my dog to pee more often? My sweet girl Athena is a Lab mix, she just got back from the vet, she had an ear infection. Well since then she has been less active, constantly eating, and always wanting to go outside and pee. And I used to be able to leave her for 4-6hrs (working) by herself in my house. Now she can't hold it; is it because of the steroids and antibiotics that are messing with her? Or is it a more serious problem?

By Leonor J.

Certain antibiotics, diuretics and steroid medications will produce large amounts of urine.

Read more: Dog Urinary Tract Infection & Excessive Thirst | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_7237890_d ... -excessive-thirst.html#ixzz2MYd1o3Le

Read More Answers...

April 12, 2013 Flag

My 8 month old Cocker Spaniel has been house trained for months and has a dog flap so he has constant access to the garden. I have not had any problems for months, except the very occasional accident at the back door when it has been raining a lot. Little wimp ;)
          However, all of a sudden he has now started to wee in the front hall way at night. He has free run of the house at bedtime and sleeps in my room on his bed, the area that he is weeing on is the only carpeted area downstairs. I can't help but think that he is wimpy and because he knows I am in bed he is just being lazy going at the bottom of the stairs rather than to the back door.
          Any ideas?

By Georgea

With no disrespect has it occurred to you that your Dog may have a Bladder infection? Talk to your veterinarian.

Read More Answers...
          Load More
          Pets Dogs House TrainingDecember 5, 2012
          Old black dog.
          Old Dog Peeing in House
          Previously House Broken Dog Has Started Pooping in the House
          House Trained Dog Pooping Inside
          Sad puppy laying next to wet spot on the floor with human finger pointing at it.
          Dog Peeing in the House
          guilty dog
          Dog Peeing and Pooping Inside
          © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 24, 2016 at 4:04:38 PM on 10.0.1.8 in 767 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.