Dog Pees in House When Left Alone

Even a house trained dog will have accidents under certain circumstances. This is a guide about when a dog pees in house when left alone.

My dog is 2. He was crate trained but he pees in the house when I leave him to go to work for 9 hours. How do I stop this he is ruining my carpet?

Erica from Dallas, TX

Answers

Best Answer

This isn't a fix, but have you tried confining him in the kitchen while you're gone? We did that until our dog got the message and stopped peeing during the day. At least it will limit the damage.

Some dogs, depending on the age, are too little to hold it for nine hours, so you may have to wait until he matures.

Best Answer

How about installing a doggie door he can use so he can go out to pee. 9 hrs is to long to expect him not to pee.

Best Answer

I think that leaving a dog nine hours and not expecting him to have an accident is wishful thinking. I would try to find a neighbor or friend who could let him out during the day for a few minutes. It must be very stressful to him to have to wait so long to be taken out when he has to go and also stressful if he is scolded or punished for something he couldn't help.

I have a 10 month old puppy that has separation anxiety. I just rescued her 3 months ago. We have 3 other dogs that are older than her. She has eaten every dog cot we had along with an entire couch and she pees and poops when we are gone and when we go to bed even though she can go out 24/7.

They all go into a very large area in the basement at night and when we leave. I take them all out the regular door regularly when I'm home because she won't go out on her own the way the others do and she will just pee in the house instead of telling me she has to go. I love her, but this needs to stop or my husband is going to divorce me.

Answers

Best Answer

This seems like just plain anxiety, not really separation anxiety.
Your dog sounds like the omega in the pack. She doesn't want to go out when the others do. When you take her out you empower her, but as the low dog on the totem pole she feels unwelcome otherwise going where the others do.

You already have three dogs. What made you decide to take on another? In the wild, an unrelated puppy would not be allowed to join an already established pack. The puppy would be run off or possibly killed since the dominant female did not give birth to it. The dogs are only tolerating it because you say so, but it certainly feels the stress of not belonging.

Perhaps your puppy would be happier in a home with no other dogs, or a very elderly one.
Trying to provide a home for a rescue is admirable, but it needs to be the right home for the right dog. This doesn't seem like a good match to me.

My 7 year old dog is left alone while I am at work. He pees all over the house while I am at work. There is nothing physically wrong with him. How can I stop this?

I have a Shih Tzu puppy; he's 9 months old. When someone is at home he'll pee on his tray, but when we leave him alone he'll go to pee and poo in the living area. I don't know what to do. If we chain him in the kitchen he'll make another mess cause he'll pee and poo in the area were he's chained. Then he starts stepping on it and it gets all over him and I need to wash him whenever I come back! Please help me cause my mum doesn't want him anymore. We're fighting a lot because of him :(

By Pauline M. from Mellieha, Malta

Answers

My dog pees and poops on the floor every time I leave him alone, why?

I have a German Shepherd Rottweiler Chow mix. I've had him since he was a year old. He's had three homes within the last five years. We've finally settled in our new home in January 2015. I had a baby in September of last year. Since we've been in our home he won't go potty outside. I've taken him to the vet and they don't believe when I say he's seven years old and they haven't given me any advice other then shoving pills down his throat which I won't do.

I'm home with him twenty four seven unless I have errands to run. I'm gone for two hours at most. I let him outside every hour. When I'm gone he will pee and poop all over the house even if it's for ten minutes. I love my pup dearly, but I'm about to make a Max soup (I'm kidding but not really haha). If I kennel him I get complaints from the neighbors because he howls and barks until I come back home, but if I don't I come home to piles of grossness. I can't leave him outside because he ruins my garden and I've worked too hard for that. I also have the garden caged in so he can't get to it, but he still destroys it. I haven't built him a cage out back because I know he'll cause a "disturbance" even though everyone that has a dog around us barks constantly. I also just realized how terrible the word cage sounds.

I'm at a loss on what to do. He's had his accidents when his dad and I were both working, but I've been a stay at home mum for a while now. I take him on walks, he's fed very good food, and we have puppy play dates, but he still acts out like a jerk. Any sort of tip will help because I've tried everything I can think of. Thank you for reading!

Answers

Your dog has had too many homes and was never permanently housebroken. Now he is middle aged, so this probably will never happen. He has psychological damage from being moved from owner to owner.

You say you won't give up your garden, but you're going to have to make a choice: garden or dog. He'll need the entire fenced in yard to himself. Also, a large doghouse that is well insulated, and maybe heated for winter depending on where you live.

You knew the dog had problems when you got him. Your responsibility now is to make him comfortable in his remaining years.

I can understand your frustration in this situation. You love the dog and want to do right by him, and he's stressing you out to the "Max". He can feel that.

He's been moved around a lot, and it's going to take time, love, and much patience. I do suggest that you buy a Large dog crate and crate him for the brief periods you need to be gone. I would also suggest that when you put him into the crate you provide him with a blanket (that smells like you) and the following, which we use with our dog when we have to leave our house for more than a couple of hours;

Go to the grocery store and get a large "dog-bone" (the leg bone of a cow). Boil it for 20 minutes or so, and scoop out the marrow, so you have a hollow in both ends (give him the scooped-out stuff, he'll love it). Dry it out in the oven for a bit, and then pop it in the freezer in a baggie.

When you are about to leave, take a table knife get about 2 tablespoons of peanut butter out of the jar. Using the knife, stuff the peanut butter into the hollowed out sections of the bone. Stuff it down as far as you can, so he really has to work at it to get it out. Then put him in the crate, praising lavishly, and tell him you love him, you'll be home soon, and he's a good boy (dogs understand waaay more English than most people think they do, at least I believe they do!).

When you get home, love him up, tell him how glad you are to see him, etc... and let him out.

As far as the garden goes, I suggest you find some way to get him more exercise. He needs brisk walks daily (put baby in the stroller and go). He also needs routine desperately, so it would be good if you could set up a schedule where he gets his walks pretty much the same time every day.

Also, perhaps you could go to the nearest bulk foods store, and invest in a large quantity of cayenne pepper. Dust the dirt of your garden with it, especially the edges. Don't do this on a windy day--you don't want the yard peppered, just the garden. We use this method to keep neighboring cats from using our garden as a litter box.

I hope some of this helps - I too have taken in "problem" animals from time to time, and sometimes you have to get very creative.

One more thing - when you get the crate, cover the back and sides with a blanket or dark sheet. It feels more like a den. He'll feel "safer" when he's in it. Make sure it's a very large crate - he's a big dog.

Oh sorry! Second "one more thing"! You can re-use the same bone by retrieving it when you put Max outside to potty and stick it in the freezer in a baggie. Next time you need to go out, stuff it with peanut butter again and follow same routine.

I think the other two have kind of missed the point. I've had my dog Charles, for about 4 years and rescued him when he was 1 as well. In the last 2 years or so he has had 3 different homes and we are about to move into another house here in a couple of weeks. In all my time moving the only time he's ever acted up is when I let my friend and her boyfriend live with me and he didn't like them very much. He never has accidents unless you excite him too much, then he sprays just a little but that has worn off with age.

So them telling you he is damaged and has had some traumatic experience from being moved is ridiculous in my opinion.

But, you said you had a baby? Many dogs do get jealous when infants come into the picture or another pet comes into the picture. For instance, I rescued two kittens a couple of years ago and for the first few months, Charles would mark inside the house. I quickly put an end to it by catching him in mid pee and making a loud noise like "AH AH" and then taking him outside.

Treats are very good to help curb their behavior. Which is what it sounds like your dog is having. Some behavioral issues. He seems like he may be jealous of the infant, I would say have them in the same room and use positive reinforcement like giving him treats when he is near the baby so that he associates the baby with good things.

I did that with my dog and the kittens, where I would have him lay down and I would put the kittens down next to him and then I would give him boiled chicken, or peanut butter.

Afterwards he was excited to have the kittens near him because to him they signified treats and being petted, only good things. Always use positive reinforcement with dogs.

There are sprays you can use on patches of grasses that you'd like your dog to pee on, you can always try those and then reinforce it positively.

Don't give up hope because the more stressed out he senses you are, the more he becomes.

Also he sounds like he has bad separation anxiety from you. If that is the case, do NOT do what the other person said by signifying your leave and return, it just adds to the separation anxiety. Sometimes, along with leaving something that does smell like you in the crate, you can cover the crate with a blanket. It gives them a sense of security, I did it with my dog when I crate trained him as he used to whine and bark. I would start practicing by doing this and then walking out of the house for small intervals at a time WITHOUT making a big deal to your dog. Just walk out the door, stay there for 2 minutes or so, and then come back in. Do not acknowledge the dog for a minute or so, and then calmly let them out. Do it again and slowly expand the time that you stay outside.

It's all about consistency when training. Even if it does not prove results at first, in time it will. German Shepherds are smart and you can definitely correct older dogs' behavioral issues.

I have rehomed two dogs from an animal shelter. One is 7 now and has always been fine, but the other one is 5 and every time I leave her, even for five minutes she pees on the floor and sometimes even poos. It's gotten to the stage that she even does one when I go to the loo myself. So I am only out of the room for seconds. She is only a small Pug so can be carried around if really necessary, but sometimes this isn't practical. Why does she do this? She even sleeps in bed with me lol head on my pillow too. She is very gorgeous and funny, but this is very stressful.

I have an 8 month old Puggle and a 3 year old Beagle and every time I leave them alone, I come home to pee and/or poop on the floor. I've tried multiple solutions, but nothing is working. I have to work for 12 hours, but I live close to work so I come home on my break to let them outside.

My first attempt was leaving my Puggle crated and my Beagle in another area of the house. But when I would come home, the Puggle would have peed outside the crate and for some reason never had a problem pooping inside his cage would make an even bigger mess in the crate. So I tried leaving him in a separate room and he clawed a huge hole in the wall. So then I put him in the kitchen and put a gate up to keep the dogs separated. He learned to climb and climbed over the gate and still makes a mess in the house. When I come home on my break during work, he doesn't pee outside because he's already peed inside and then ends up peeing again inside once I go back to work again.

I don't know what other options I have to teach him not to do this. He never pees or poops inside when I am home, but I could leave for an hour, and there will be some kind of mess when I get back.

By Lauren

Answers

Sounds like separation anxiety. Have you tried leaving the TV or a radio on at a 'murmur volume'?

Another help might be to put the two crates side-by-side in the same room when you go out. Plastic sheeting under the crates will catch any mess and make clean-up easier too.

Do you ever crate the dogs when you are home? That's a helpful training exercise actually and especially helpful with dogs suffering separation anxiety.

If the only time your dogs are in the crate is when you leave they will come to associate the crate with separation. Some dogs don't mind but others mind terribly. Even putting a 'comfie' (for example a robe you've worn enough to really make it smell like you) into the crate won't help if the dog knows the only time he's crated is when you are leaving.

My wife and I just adopted a 8 year old Treeing Walker Coon hound and most of the day she's home while I'm at work, and he never had a problem. But when we both leave to go get groceries or go out to eat or whatever, he will bust down the dog door that keeps him and our other dog in the kitchen and he will always poop in the hallway and pee by the dining room table. We have tried the no marking spay and have shampooed both spots, but he continues to do it. Is there anything else we can do or should we just get him a kennel?

I took my puppy from a dog foster home about a year ago. I love him to bits; he has a great personality, and I feel that he loves our family so much. But, whenever I leave him at home he pees in the house on the carpet, on the bed, on flowers, etc.

My wife and I were thinking about taking him to 'doggy school', but then again, it's extremely expensive, and the nearest 'doggy school' is far away from us. Maybe you have some advice? Thank you.

My 5 year old Chihuahua keeps peeing or pooping in the house when he is left alone. What do I do? What can I do to correct the problem? Are there any classes that could fix it?

By Tiffany from Lebanon, OH

Answers

Kennel him when you go out. He probably will not soil the kennel. When you return, take him immediately out.

Look at the posts on this issue on this site. It is a common problem.

The only way we ever got our dogs to quit the peeing is to put them in a cage. No food no water. Our son uses the mats that you buy in the pet stores. He also has luck with that. Good luck

I have this 9 month old pup that I rescued about 3 or 4 weeks ago. He is super cute and sweet, but has major separation anxiety. He will tear anything and everything up that he can get to the second we leave the house. If I go into another room that he isn't allowed in, so he is left "alone", he will pee and poop in our formal dinning room. He pees on the legs of the furniture and poops in the corners. I have tried the positive training with treats when he goes outside, but that spoiled him. And I've gotten so frustrated that I punish him almost every time now. I feel like I'm out of options, my mom said if he doesn't stop we are giving him back or making him an outside 24/7 dog.

By Jennifer B.

Answers

Have you tried leaving the TV, radio, and or lights on? It helped with our dog. We also have another dog to keep her company.

Punishment doesn't work unless you punish in the 10 seconds after the infraction has taken place. You just destroy the trust your dog has for you. Look a little further for different training methods. Good luck to you.

Abusing your dog will not solve the problem. Your vet should have plenty of info/suggestions for separation anxiety. You can also google it on your computer. Please don't punish the dog or make it an outside dog.

How do I stop my 2 year old Staff from weeing in the house? He only does this when I leave him home alone. Even if I leave him for ten minutes he will do it. He knows where he is supposed to go. Any suggestions other than crating him or neutering him, as I want to breed him?

By Gillian from Yorkshire

Answers

You could put him in the back yard (if you have one). My in-law puts her dog in the bathroom while she's gone.

Neutering him won't stop him from urinating where you don't want him to. It only stops him from breeding. If you don't want to crate him you've got to either put him outside or in a room that you don't mind being wet. He's punishing you for leaving him...most likely.

We had a beagle that did the same thing. I think it's separation anxiety, anyway, crating worked for us. After a while, Petey got to know that if we were leaving he was to go into his crate. We had it all decked out for him with blankets and a toy or two, we made it his "space" and after while he would go in there whenever he napped (which was a lot).

I have an almost 8 year old Malkie (Maltese and Silky Terrier), he is wee wee pad trained as well as trained to go outside. Whenever someone is home he will always go on the wee wee pad, even if there is one spot where he already went, but generally we try to change the pad right after. He has always been left alone when we are at work so I know it's not separation anxiety. We had his kidneys checked and everything else and he is a healthy dog. We also tried to crate train him as a puppy and even recently and he hates it, he scratches at the crate and his paws start to bleed so we stopped putting him in the crate. But every time he is alone or after we go to sleep we either come home or wake up to pee all over the kitchen and some random parts of the house. The wee wee pad will be clean, but there is pee somewhere. I moved out a few years ago and left him with my mom and it hasn't gotten better or worse he is still doing this. He's gonna be with me for an entire month and I don't want my apartment to have pee all over it. I know you have to catch him in the act to discipline and it's pointless to do it after the fact so I have no idea what to do to stop this behavior. Please help! Thanks!

I have a 10 month old black Lab who is relieving himself on the carpet when I'm at work. I work from 3 pm to 12 am. I take him out two times before I go to work, one quick potty break in the morning before breakfast, and then about an hour right before I go to work. I also have an hour long lunch break, and I come home and take him out for another 15 minutes, before I go back to work. When I get home, I take him out again for about 45 min. So he's only alone for four hour intervals without a potty break. Any suggestions on how to make the accidents stop and also how to clean the carpets?

I have a 2 year old black Lab that pees when we leave or don't play with him. My dad wants to get rid of him, but my mom, sisters, and I don't. We have no idea what to do. We've sprayed vinger it worked a little bit but not enough. If I could get any advice on this that would be great!

I have a 3 year old male Boxer. When I'm home he is fine unless someone comes over he doesn't approve of then he tries to attack them. I think he's trying to protect me. I've noticed if I'm not home and my dad's here and someone new comes over he's totally fine as long as I'm not here.

Also he barks to go outside, but if nobody's home he will even if he doesn't have to force himself to pee and it's getting to the point he will pee on my couch, my bed, anywhere. It's gross! The upholstery cleaners my best friends! :( Can anyone offer any advice please? He's really a great dog, he just has those couple things I have to figure out, but look at that face. I love this doggy!

We have a 4 year old female Pit Bull we adopted when she was a year old. We also have another smaller dog that is also 4 years old. They are both house trained and know not to pee in the house, but the Pit Bull will potty in our house in random areas (hallway, kitchen, etc.) when we sleep if we don't let her sleep in the room with us. They always slept with us, but I am now 6 months pregnant and it is just too uncomfortable for them to be in the bed with us so we let them stay in the living room. I'm not sure if she is just rebelling because she is upset she can't stay in the bed with us anymore.

By Angellle

Answers

I would guess she is just ticked. Maybe take her to see your vet to rule out bladder issues or infection. You could also try putting dog beds in your room, and teaching them to go to their beds, and not sleep in yours. Best of luck!

How about crates for the dogs in your bedroom at night?

I have a 5 year old male Pit Bull, and I have to put him in a cage every time I leave. When I go to bed he has to be in his cage or in the room I'm in with the door shut. If he is away from me too long he will go to the bathroom in the house. I feel like he is nervous if he can't see me or knows I'm gone. How can I stop this? I don't like leaving him in a cage. I want him to be free to walk the house.

By Giovanna

Answers

At his age there probably isn't much you can do to cure his separation anxiety and the best place for him when you are out is the crate.

I used to leave the TV on low in another room for my young Boxers but in all the years I raised AKC Boxers in the US (40+) there were times no matter what I did for an anxious puppy; he/she grew up to be an anxious adult. So I learned to live with it-dogs have individual personalities and some are just anxious by nature so we worked around it:)

By the way, with an anxious older dog, draping a duvet or blanket over the back half of the crate seemed to be an extra soothing thing to do for the dog. Although dogs evolved from lupine to canine a very long time ago, certain things like den behaviours have remained-dogs, like wolves, are thrilled (and soothed) by a den like place to call their own.

Good luck with your lad, he sounds like a lovely fellow who absolutely adores you:)

You might also try having his crate in the room you are in (when you are home) and leaving the door open. Drape the back of the crate with a blanket. Make the crate as comfortable as possible and throw some treats in there to encourage him to go in. Let him know that this crate is his "den" - a safe place to retreat to. Don't close him in - leave the door open so he can come in and out as he wishes. In time, if he feels he has a safe spot that is all his, he might retreat to the crate when he feels anxious and not feel he has to pee to mark his territory.

Our two year old dog that hasn't had an accident in the house since he was 6 months old has suddenly decided to start peeing in the house (on our couches) when we are gone. He has a doggy door and access to the backyard at all times. We've tried cleaning it with the pet odor removing cleaners, etc., but he keeps peeing. We are hesitant to punish him too much as we can't catch him in the act since we aren't home when he does it and he never does it while we're home. Any help on how to correct this would be great. We work away from home and we live in a freezing area, so crating him all day won't work and putting him outside all day won't work.

My male Yorkie, Romo, is very stubborn. I'm gone from 7:30AM-5 PM every weekday. I take him outside twice every morning and feed him in the evenings. He poops every morning, but still everyday when I get home there is a poop pile and a pee spot. Also every weekend when I'm home he's fine. He never goes in the house when I'm home. I tried crating him in a crate small enough for him to just turn around in and he still went in his crate. I really don't want to drive home everyday from work on my lunch to let him outside. Are there any other options? Help please.

I have a 6 month old Beagle mix, Walker Blue Tick/Beagle. Anyways, Fred will go all night with out going potty in the house, but if we leave the house for a half hour we come home to him having peed and pooped in the livingroom or kitchen. We don"t cage him up because he will freak out and chew on the metal cage to get out. Any help would be greatly appreciated since I also have a 18 month old son. I'm scared I will have to get rid of Fred.

Our French Bulldog is 6 years old and every time we leave him alone he pees in the house. It could be 10 minutes or 4 hours. We have tried kennel training and he broke two of the wires trying to get out and hurt himself. We've tried putting him in our room and he destroyed the door frame. We tried the bathroom and he ripped up all the tile. When we leave, we leave the TV on and some lights. We have a baby coming in 3 months so would really like to not have to worry about her laying or crawling in dog pee!

By Ariel D.

Answers

This is extreme separation anxiety. Here are some links:
http://www.aspc  paration-anxiety

http://pets.web  ion-anxiety-dogs

I recently moved with my dog. He used to have access to outdoors and indoors all day though a doggy door. The new house does not have this. However, he is only ever home 4.5 hours without a potty break. Either I go home at lunch or a dog walker comes and takes him to the dog park. He was doing fine. However, recently I started a fitness class after work which brings me home an hour later. We adjusted his potty break so the dog walker comes at noon (I leave at 8:00 a.m.) and leaves him at 1:15 p.m. and I arrive home at 5:30. He has been peeing on these days I have this class only. He is home alone the same amount of time the other days, but does not pee when I am home at the usual time, even though the times he is alone are the same. I wonder if he is doing this just because I am not home when "I am supposed to be"? How can I break this habit?

By Jenna

Answers

Your poor dog! He had alot of freedom in his old home and is now very restricted in his new home. It is clear he is not a happy camper. Is it possible to make a new doggie door to give him full access in and out? If not, your vet may be able to help you help your dog adjust to his new requirements. There are also pet training services that may be able to help.

I have a mutt that is 5 years old. We rescued him from the pound when he was one. When we leave, he poops and sometimes pees in the house. Even if we take him out right before we leave, then forgot something and 1 minute later go back inside he is in the act of pooping, like he is doing it on purpose. He is a great dog! Only when we are gone does he act up. We tired the crate and he not only chewed through one cage but three cages. One was metal and the other two were a thick plastic. What do I need to do?

By Krystal

We adopted Joey about 5 months ago after our other Boston Terrier passed away. (We had disposed of all of the previous dog's belongings, and there were zero accidents in the house from the previous dog).

Joey is a 6-7 year old adult, and we adopted him from a Boston Terrier Rescue in another state. They had picked him up as a stray, which they believe he was for a while as he was covered in fleas and very dirty. We believe he spent most I his life (before they rescued him) in a breeder/puppy mill situation. It's impossible to know for sure.

He is a very sweet, affectionate, and appreciative dog, as he was when we first visited him at the rescue shelter. They neutered him just before we picked him up. We are retired so the only time he is alone, may be for 3-4 hours when if we have something to do and cannot bring him with. We take him everywhere we can, as he loves car rides, and is even comfortable staying in the car while we run errands (weather permitting, of course.) We live in Minnesota for most if the year, but winter in Mesa, Arizona.

He made the trip with us to Arizona (flew first class without any issues at all) and adjusted to our home here with no other issues. (This issue has been consistent in MN and AZ). He gets taken outside frequently, and we keep him on a very regular feeding and bathroom schedule.

When we go to bed at night, be goes in his crate, and is perfectly fine. But when we have to leave him during the day for any amount of time (he goes in his crate as well) he pees either in his crate, or lifts his leg and pees out of the crate all over the floor, every single time. It doesn't matter if we are gone for 10 minutes or 2 hours.

We took him to the vet when we first got him and he was having this issue, as we thought it was an adjusting period, or he just had separation anxiety because he may have been left alone for long periods of time in his previous years. The vet prescribed Valium. It worked for about 2-3 occasions, but now, he just takes it, gets a little drowsy, but that's it. He is still peeing.

We don't make a big deal about leaving, or fuss when we return, as the vet recommended we try this to keep Joey calm. His crate has his blankets, chew bones, a toy or two, and we've recently started trying using a Kong with some dog food and even a little peanut butter on top to keep him busy/distracted. Still not working.

We love him dearly and are so happy we can make the remaining years if his life wonderful, but we just don't know how to fix this issue to help him? And to help us from having to clean up the messes every time.

What can we do or try? Anything is helpful!

By Kate

Answers

Bless you for taking this dog in. It sounds to me like you have tried just about everything. You might try incontinence pads from WM. I use them for my cat who has neurological issues. Saves a lot of cleaning up. Have you tried not crating the dog when you are gone? I wonder if crating him brings back bad memories and bad behavior. If he was in a puppy mill he probably had no choice but to go in his small cage. It may seem like perfectly proper behavior to him. Good luck.

Five months ago we rescued a Brittney Spaniel. He is about 3 years old. We have taught him a few commands, and potty trained him, but when we leave, even for an hour he poops in his crate. Once he even peed in the crate and it ruined the floors so the crate was moved into the garage until we can trust him.

I'm not sure how to fix the problem. It's not every time we go out, but it's often enough that I can't allow him in the house without anyone home. He even peed on the basement door once when I went into the basement for 5 minutes without him. I know it's a separation thing or a spite thing, but I can't have that in our house. Help!

By Chrissy G.

Answers

Sounds like separation anxiety to me. You can find info and suggestions for treating it from your vet or online.

When we go out we have to put our female 18 month old Staffie in her crate, but she is so clever she can escape. When she does she goes in my daughter's bedroom and wees. Any ideas?

By Ali

I have a 7 year old Boston Terrier who has been house trained since she was a puppy. She has always had a dog door and does use it frequently. However, every time we leave the house she pees somewhere in the house. She has a few favorite places she goes, but she also, occasionally, will go right in front of the door that we leave and enter through. One time we gave her a shower and then had to leave shortly after that and she peed in the shower. Sometimes she'll go right in front of the dog door. She's starting to branch out into different areas of the house now and it's getting frustrating.
We are military and we move every few years which I know is stressful for her, but we've lived in this house for well over a year.
I keep reading that they don't do it out of spite, but that's hard to believe when she goes in front of the door or in the shower after she's been bathed.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

By Megan J.

Load More