Dog Pees and Poops Inside When Left Alone?

0
Share
3
Save
Follow
Print

I have this 9 month old pup that I rescued about 3 or 4 weeks ago. He is super cute and sweet, but has major separation anxiety. He will tear anything and everything up that he can get to the second we leave the house. If I go into another room that he isn't allowed in, so he is left "alone", he will pee and poop in our formal dinning room. He pees on the legs of the furniture and poops in the corners.

I have tried the positive training with treats when he goes outside, but that spoiled him. And I've gotten so frustrated that I punish him almost every time now. I feel like I'm out of options, my mom said if he doesn't stop we are giving him back or making him an outside 24/7 dog.

By Jennifer B.

Have you tried leaving the TV, radio, and or lights on? It helped with our dog. We also have another dog to keep her company.

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 226 Feedbacks

Punishment doesn't work unless you punish in the 10 seconds after the infraction has taken place. You just destroy the trust your dog has for you.

Look a little further for different training methods. Good luck to you.

Abusing your dog will not solve the problem. Your vet should have plenty of info/suggestions for separation anxiety. You can also google it on your computer. Please don't punish the dog or make it an outside dog.

Pets Dogs AdviceMarch 8, 2014
😎
🎆
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Dog-Pees-and-Poops-Inside-When-Left-Alone.html