Dog Urinates Inside When Left Alone?

How do I stop my 2 year old Staff from weeing in the house? He only does this when I leave him home alone. Even if I leave him for ten minutes he will do it. He knows where he is supposed to go. Any suggestions other than crating him or neutering him, as I want to breed him?

By gillian from Yorkshire

You could put him in the back yard (if you have one). My in-law puts her dog in the bathroom while she's gone.

Neutering him won't stop him from urinating where you don't want him to. It only stops him from breeding. If you don't want to crate him you've got to either put him outside or in a room that you don't mind being wet. He's punishing you for leaving him...most likely.

We had a beagle that did the same thing. I think it's separation anxiety, anyway, crating worked for us. After a while, Petey got to know that if we were leaving he was to go into his crate.

We had it all decked out for him with blankets and a toy or two, we made it his "space" and after while he would go in there whenever he napped (which was a lot).

Pets Dogs House TrainingMarch 23, 2010
😷
📓
🌻
😎
🐛
Generated 2020-07-24 01:12:43 in 950 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf92012785.tip.html