Removing Fabric Dye from Skin

I wore a dark purple tee shirt without washing it first. Now I have numerous dark spots on my neck and chest wherever I sweated while wearing it. What can I do to lighten the spots?

Thanks!

Wet your skin and a pumice stone. Rub very gently. It should get lighter and disappear in a couple of days.

Thanks, I will try to do that once I get to store where I can purchase the stone. I am skeptical as seems it would really be tough on my chest/neck.

There are quite a few home remedies for removing dye from skin but baking soda/water paste or baking soda/vinegar or lemon juice will usually work.

Exfoliating cream or even tooth paste/water will sometimes work.

Check out the suggestions on this site and you may have some of this on hand before you make a special trip to the store. You may want to put moisturizer on your skin after you remove the dye (moisturizer may remove the dye).

uvhero.com/.../

www.favecrafts.com/.../How-to-Remove-Tie-Dye-from-Skin

Here is a link to some suggestions to maybe stop some of the dye from bleeding on your skin.

www.speedqueen.com/.../the-secrets-to-stopping-colors-from...

Anonymous

Too late as I have already gone online and ordered a pumice stone.

I have had this happen in the summer and the two ways I have removed the dye from my skin were with toothpaste--just a plain Colgate (the white paste, not the ones that are to whiten teeth or not the jelled kind--just old fashioned white color toothpaste--I guess because I don't by the fancy kind I don't know if they work or not--if that was all you had around, it couldn't hurt to try. For the stubborn stains around my neck, I used liquid nail polish remover on a cotton ball. That burned though...but it worked.

Either way, be sure to rub VERY GENTLY and then rinse very, very, very well as both can dry out your skin and like I said, the remover did burn a little. Don't use either if you have any open woulds or cuts as that will irritate them and could cause more problems.

Blessings!

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceMay 29, 2019
🍂
🎄